Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Still being patient to see how Boeser fares. I’m not able to watch the games due to travel, but from what I’ve seen and read, it’s not looking good. It’s a short sample overall though, so I think it’s best to see how things play out before reaching a judgement on this player moving forward.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
For real, it's a mean nothing season, three games in. Kovalchuk just scored his first of the season yesterday as well, in the third game of his season, snapping a FIVE YEAR DROUGHT of goal scoring in the NHL.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
For real, it's a mean nothing season, three games in. Kovalchuk just scored his first of the season yesterday as well, in the third game of his season, snapping a FIVE YEAR DROUGHT of goal scoring in the NHL.

It’s performance, and not so much production, that is alarming. Boeser could go pointless for the next 5 and it wouldn’t matter as much as his play in those 5 games.

The seasons are always important in terms of individual player development. That’s really all the Canucks have at this point.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Fair enough, but I feel that in today's day and age, where every single shift is .gif-able, we look too closely at every play, like it's the NFL or something.

I'm not saying that NHL players deserve to take a shift or two off, but sometimes guys just get beat. Sometimes guys don't have the same jump, and sometimes, guys just need to work through a few things over the course of the season.

I'll be happy if he develops more of an all-around game, even if the goals don't come for him at the same rate as last season.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It's been 3 games.

Boeser had a tremendous pass last night to set up Horvat but was stopped. If that puck goes in, we're probably having an entirely different conversation today.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
It's been 3 games.

Boeser had a tremendous pass last night to set up Horvat but was stopped. If that puck goes in, we're probably having an entirely different conversation today.

Are we completely ignoring the preseason? I think that would be unwise...

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Are we completely ignoring last season?

No, we are not, and that’s the reason for patience. He has that reference point. However, his performance now is alarming. That has to be acknowledged as well. Instead, it’s being dismissed. That’s an odd take.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hope he turns it around but i thought game 3 was his worst. But like some said, maybe is confidence too because sometimes he just looks lost out there, and for a guy who was so positionally smart last year - that SEEMS like a diffy issue then a injury. Im not really sure what to make of this, all i know is it sucks

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It's been 3 games.

Just staring at his point production would be incredibly poor measure of his actual play.

Its how he looks on the ice. If he was wearing Motte's jersey he would be riding the bench.

- His best weapon, his shot, is completely MIA.
- One of the slowest players on the ice night in night out.
- Looks to be in pain, does a slow skate off the ice a number of times every game.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
We’re all missing the obvious reason for his poor play..........

Fortnite Withdrawl Syndrome

I’ll accept all the accolades now.

Reactions: Jack Burton

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
It's clear that he is just out of shape from rehab. Give him a month to get up to speed.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I have not followed the season so far very intently, but his wrist still being taped up is concerning to me. His shot is his bread and butter.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I have not followed the season so far very intently, but his wrist still being taped up is concerning to me. His shot is his bread and butter.
I noticed in this pre season that he was hesitating,or trying to get the puck set,before making his shot....Last season,it would have been off of his stick in an instant.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
IMO he put on too much weight too fast. 10 pounds of muscle in one off season is a lot. He was already a slightly below average skater and should of focused on getting leaner and quicker. Hopefully he is able to adjust as the season progresses.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Boeser is adamant there is nothing wrong with his wrist.

There’s been a lot of focus on it being wrapped. It’s just tape.
“Obviously, I’ve dealt with a couple of wrist injuries I just do it to make sure I don’t have another wrist injury in the future."

From Botchfords latest The Athletic article.

Reactions: supercanuck

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
Boeser is adamant there is nothing wrong with his wrist.

There’s been a lot of focus on it being wrapped. It’s just tape.
“Obviously, I’ve dealt with a couple of wrist injuries I just do it to make sure I don’t have another wrist injury in the future."

From Botchfords latest The Athletic article.

This is what I suspected, it's preventative. It would be nice to use a wrist injury as an excuse for the lack of production, but it's a fairly common thing to have wrists wrapped.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
We’re all missing the obvious reason for his poor play..........

Fortnite Withdrawl Syndrome

I’ll accept all the accolades now.
Thats probably the LEAST likely reason

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
So you're saying he's snuck in supplies to maintain his addiction????
No. Theres not even PROOF that he rots his brain on video games anyways. Proove that and we can talk pgjejdjnnm3

Reactions: dim jim

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I have to say, it doesn't really say anything good about the whole fortnite argument that the most notable players were Boeser, Hutton, Stecher and Virtanen. Possibly juolevi as well.

I don't think Pettersson plays. Could be wrong.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hope he turns it around but i thought game 3 was his worst. But like some said, maybe is confidence too because sometimes he just looks lost out there, and for a guy who was so positionally smart last year - that SEEMS like a diffy issue then a injury. Im not really sure what to make of this, all i know is it sucks
It's deffy a diffy issue.

Reactions: Nomobo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->