Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
It feels like there's something that Brock and the organization isn't telling us with regards to Brock's back. He's clearly lost a step and doesn't look like he's able to skate very hard right now. If his back was still bothering him and he isn't 100% because of it, then it feels like the organization would have already said so. The fact that the entire organization has been kinda mum on this leads me to believe this back issue is something Brock might have to deal with his entire career. This might be the new normal for him.
Brock has said back in camp that he isn't 100 percent yet physically. Let's see what he looks like next season after a full summer of training.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Brock has said back in camp that he isn't 100 percent yet physically. Let's see what he looks like next season after a full summer of training.
It’s probably one of those injuries you just play with until it heals otherwise he wouldn’t have started the season, I expect him to get better as the season goes on. I’m more worried about his wrist, he hasn’t shown that top tier shot off much at all this year.

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
Cant help but laugh: dont play the guy because "hes tired", but play the guy even though hes not 100%.

//disclaimer, just being lighthearted, i understand hes been medically cleared to play, just laughing at the optics of it all. I guess im mostly laughing at the too tired comment, thats up there with "jake came back to pick up his luggage".

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
All I have to say is that’ I’m glad he didn’t get a contract after last season like there was rumors about! Don’t get me wrong, I like Brock but I’m also one of his biggest critics. Sure the injury may be affecting his play or may not be, we’ll never really know.

Last year everything that Brock did was gold, he couldn’t miss. Game after game he would put up points when I would argue with my friends he isn’t playing that well and that it would stop going in for him eventually, it didn’t happen last year but it’s happening now.

Brock is a shooter! That is it! He isn’t a good skater, he legitimately is horrible passer, he cannot create on his own, his hockey iq in my opinion is below average. I know probably in the minority here but I honestly don’t believe Brock is really as good as he’s made out to be. Will he ever score 30 goals in a season? Possibly but I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
The more i think about the more i think hes gonna have a off year and then has to sign a contract and has ALL next summer to train and next year will come out flying destroying all the negative nellys attacks and criticisms and expectations of him, but cause he will have less ability to argue for a GINORMOUS contract we may save some money on a 3-4 year deal so as for THIS year ill be happy eith 50 pts so long as next year he lightser up :yo:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Cant help but laugh: dont play the guy because "hes tired", but play the guy even though hes not 100%.

//disclaimer, just being lighthearted, i understand hes been medically cleared to play, just laughing at the optics of it all. I guess im mostly laughing at the too tired comment, thats up there with "jake came back to pick up his luggage".
*stuff

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
All I have to say is that’ I’m glad he didn’t get a contract after last season like there was rumors about! Don’t get me wrong, I like Brock but I’m also one of his biggest critics. Sure the injury may be affecting his play or may not be, we’ll never really know.

Last year everything that Brock did was gold, he couldn’t miss. Game after game he would put up points when I would argue with my friends he isn’t playing that well and that it would stop going in for him eventually, it didn’t happen last year but it’s happening now.

Brock is a shooter! That is it! He isn’t a good skater, he legitimately is horrible passer, he cannot create on his own, his hockey iq in my opinion is below average. I know probably in the minority here but I honestly don’t believe Brock is really as good as he’s made out to be. Will he ever score 30 goals in a season? Possibly but I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t.

Have to strongly disagree with your assessment of last years version of Brock.
Last year, before he hurt his wrist after getting hit by Girardi I beleive, he was better than Bo and any other Canuck player. He wasn’t turning the puck over with stupid back handed muffin passes at the blue line, and took half the time to process the play as he is now. Also this year, he is significantly slower, and his shot is just not the same, in velocity or accuracy.

I hope this year is an anomaly, but last year Brock exhibited very high IQ, and a surprising ability to create and setup plays. He had a sense of time and space, and made his line mates better. It’s almost like a horror movie watching him now.

Reactions: CDeM85 and sting101

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
The more i think about the more i think hes gonna have a off year and then has to sign a contract and has ALL next summer to train and next year will come out flying destroying all the negative nellys attacks and criticisms and expectations of him, but cause he will have less ability to argue for a GINORMOUS contract we may save some money on a 3-4 year deal so as for THIS year ill be happy eith 50 pts so long as next year he lightser up :yo:

Wow, talk about being a negative nelly. We have a big one here.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I understand that Brock has that lingering groin injury affecting his movement, but doesn't anyone think his "touch" just looks off? He's not receiving passes as cleanly, bobbling pucks more often, and just not getting his shot off as effectively.

Hoping playing with EP for a bit can get him going.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I understand that Brock has that lingering groin injury affecting his movement, but doesn't anyone think his "touch" just looks off? He's not receiving passes as cleanly, bobbling pucks more often, and just not getting his shot off as effectively.

Hoping playing with EP for a bit can get him going.
This. Plays are dying on his stick far too often. Last season he was obviously the best player on the team, and it's really hard to see him struggle so badly with things he was crushing barely eight months ago.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Why would he get a huge contract unless management is as dumb as people say. There’s just as much hence that THIS is BB and last year was a flash in the pan.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006

I think the argument is that if he needs a whole offseason of training to get back to the level he was at last year, then he should probably not be playing right now, as he could aggravate something.

This is a multi million dollar sports league, if a player is struggling in October, the answer isn’t “wait until next season.”

If there’s a lingering injury, he should deal with it now, not next summer.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Man I wish we had that 3rd of his entry level to really judge and make an assessment.

Shows why some teams are reluctant to burn it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peen and MS

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
He's lucky that EP has pretty much entirely taken the spotlight off of him. This would have been brutal otherwise.
Meh
He’s definitely not the Brock we’ve know from last season. But it is important to remember that he just cane off a major back injury. Maybe he recovers later in the season or maybe he won’t. We’ll see

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->