Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
8.5 million really is a lot of money for someone who I wouldn't necessarily consider as a game-breaker, but he'd have a good argument for it.

Man, the Oilers really screwed it up for everybody by signing Draisaitl to that ridiculous contract.

Oilers been screwing things up for us (and the rest of the league) since the 80s. Boeser is probably riiight under a game breaker, I used to look at him like a Sharp-lite, but he's much more than that. 8.5 is market value for a 40 goal scorer, and remember he was on pace for 35+ without EP as a rookie.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Oilers been screwing things up for us (and the rest of the league) since the 80s. Boeser is probably riiight under a game breaker, I used to look at him like a Sharp-lite, but he's much more than that. 8.5 is market value for a 40 goal scorer, and remember he was on pace for 35+ without EP as a rookie.

Yeah, Brock is a 8.5 million dollar player because of Draisaitl. Otherwise, he would probably be at or slightly above 7.5 million, which is Tarasenko money.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

He was also fed prime minutes on the pp with the Sedins. It was still a pretty good set up. 8.5 is probably market value as a UFA. Tarasenko got 7.5 for scoring basically 40 and close to ppg but he was by far the best player on his team. Anywhere between 7.5-8 I would say is fair. If he was putting up his numbers with a Backlund level center id give him 8.5-9.

Comparables?

Pastrnak 6.67
Tarasenko 7.5
Gaudreau 6.75

Wingers just dont get 8.5-9+ money on RFA deals unless if they are line drivers imo. (Kucherov)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm not as down on the lows of Boeser as others.

I wouldnt go above 7.75, but I would look to lock up for eight years

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
launch-brocketman.gif

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
He was also fed prime minutes on the pp with the Sedins. It was still a pretty good set up. 8.5 is probably market value as a UFA. Tarasenko got 7.5 for scoring basically 40 and close to ppg but he was by far the best player on his team. Anywhere between 7.5-8 I would say is fair. If he was putting up his numbers with a Backlund level center id give him 8.5-9.

Comparables?

Pastrnak 6.67
Tarasenko 7.5
Gaudreau 6.75

Wingers just dont get 8.5-9+ money on RFA deals unless if they are line drivers imo. (Kucherov)

Draisaitl's not a line driver and he got 8.5 million

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Draisaitl's not a line driver and he got 8.5 million

It's universally known draisaitl is overpaid with no other precedent of a player like that getting paid that much with his resume. And he also can be used as a C which Boeser cannot.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Just because Draisaitl got paid doesn't mean every other player of similar value will. Pasta signed a bit after Drai for 2 million less despite similar numbers without McDavid. In general the RFA market for the non-elites suggests he shouldn't get 8.

Also, keep in mind that 40 goals this season wouldn't mean what it has the last 4-5 years. We might see 20 guys hit that this season.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Wait people realize that our GM is Jim Benning right?

A guy who overpays 3rd pairing defenseman and 4th line grinders?

If Benning is able to sign Boeser for the inflated market value of 8.5 million, we should be absolutely jubilant.

Sure, a competent GM could get him for around 7.75 million, but for Benning, anything less than 9 is a win.

Reactions: MS

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Comparables?

Pastrnak 6.67
Tarasenko 7.5
Gaudreau 6.75

The cap was lower when those contract signed

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I wouldn't pay him more then 6 per year right now... Dont know if hes still recovering or what but he looks awful most of the time

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008

If Benning is able to sign Boeser for the inflated market value of 8.5 million, we should be absolutely jubilant.

Sure, a competent GM could get him for around 7.75 million, but for Benning, anything less than 9 is a win.

You mean the same imcompetent GM that signed RFA Bo Horvat for 5.5 million?

Reactions: nowhereman

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Jim Benning puts a premium on experienced veteran mentor ship qualities which Brock categorically doesn’t fit under because he’s too young, he’s technically still a mentee so it would make sense that Benning would sign him to a ridiculous steal of a contract. Matching contracts with Bo please?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I think he'll get a in-between a 6 and 7 million dollar contract.
Especially if he scores 30 goals this year. Which could be a potential steal if he ends up being a 40 goal scorer and the cap keeps going up.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

Comparables?

Pastrnak 6.67
Tarasenko 7.5
Gaudreau 6.75

? Pp sucked before he was put on it. He was not fed it he earned it. Hope he gets paid around 7 but we will see.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Guentzel $6m x 5y sets a bar.

Guentzel has his playoff stats, if we can get Brock at $5.5m... oh boy

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles

Lol, do you kids ever pass up a chance to take a shot at Benning? How do you explain the Horvat contract?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad