Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Wouldn't the response be: How long have you been a GM/scout?

Same arguement really.

We're all here to talk hockey making professional accreditation a requirement to put someone down is pretty silly on a hockey discussion board.
Exactly :nod:

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
I'm not sure what you're trying to ask here, so if I'm not answering what you want please clarify.

Improper treatment would include taking part in activities that are specifically recommended against in recovering from a concussion. You can just look up the risks of inadequate recovery time from a concussion. It doesn't mean you're always going to have an issue, but when you are concussed you are at risk of further damage. Some people get rattled and they come back and they're fine. Some people get rattled, then they come back and they get rattled again and it's not good.
Second-impact syndrome - Wikipedia

If you would like take note that PCS can last for far longer than most people expect here:
Post-concussion syndrome - Wikipedia
It varies wildly between person to person how long they need to recover from a concussion and second-impact syndrome is serious business.

There is literally no problem with taking an extra week to make absolutely sure someone is not experiencing any symptoms, even mild ones, to avoid the risk of another head trauma. Getting a second concussion before you've fully recovered from a previous one is quite clearly more dangerous than getting another one once your brain has healed, and it can take significantly longer to fully recover from a concussion than people seem to think. Obviously ideally you won't have another one at all, but again I'm not really sure what you're asking for here because this is quite well documented so I assume I'm not answering the right question.

In all likelihood it's no big deal to put Pettersson on a plane if he wasn't experiencing any significant symptoms. It's also unlikely he gets another concussion if he comes back a game or two early. May not matter if he doesn't stay relaxed in a dark or dimly lit room. However, sometimes it does and then it's a problem that was entirely avoidable. It's not worth the risk for these meaningless games.
I mis-read your comment....we are totally on the same page.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
How long have you been a doctor? Can you get a bit more specific about how the doctors mishandled the injuries? Thanks

What, are you a doctor now? Apparently you're qualified to comment. You can't have it both ways here.

As for specifics: Raymond and Boeser should have been immobilized before moving them. We're talking about broken vertebrae here. Hodgson was misdiagnosed a few times, and AV even called him out in the press before it came out he really was injured. Rodin lobbied to come back here, was overplayed in the preseason, reinjured his knee, then sat out for months before getting the surgery he obviously needed. Gudbranson was playing with a brace on his shoulder and the team took umbrage when a picture of him wearing it got posted on social media because it apparently reduced his trade value (which the team mysteriously thought he had), but then they re-signed him anyway just a few games before shutting him down to get the surgery they'd been postponing, Boeser clearly had mobility issues during the preseason that half the bloody forum could see but stayed in the lineup...and oh yeah, they made Demko fly with a concussion.

Those are the specifics.

I think we will be waiting a LONG time for a proper response from him :laugh:

That soon enough?

Last edited:

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
What, are you a doctor now? Apparently you're qualified to comment. You can't have it both ways here.

As for specifics: Raymond and Boeser should have been immobilized before moving them. We're talking about broken vertebrae here. Hodgson was misdiagnosed a few times, and AV even called him out in the press before it came out he really was injured. Rodin lobbied to come back here, was overplayed in the preseason, reinjured his knee, then sat out for months before getting the surgery he obviously needed. Gudbranson was playing with a brace on his shoulder and the team took umbrage with a picture of him wearing it got posted on social media because it apparently reduced his trade value (which the team mysteriously thought he had), but then they re-signed him anyway just a few games before shutting him down to get the surgery they'd been postponing, Boeser clearly had mobility issues during the preseason that half the bloody forum could see but stayed in the lineup...and oh yeah, they made Demko fly with a concussion.

Those are the specifics.

That soon enough?
Acceptable time frame PC. Thanks

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I want to know who were actually talkng about trading Boeser last night
I want to add you all to my ignoring list

For the right deal, why not?

Elias Pettersson and Quin Hughes should be untouchable at this point.

If we can move Boeser for equally valuable, same age D man I would do it in a heart beat. (And I own a Boeser jersey)

Reactions: DarrenX

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
For the right deal, why not?

Elias Pettersson and Quin Hughes should be untouchable at this point.

If we can move Boeser for equally valuable, same age D man I would do it in a heart beat. (And I own a Boeser jersey)

Putting forth the idea of trading Boeser? Fair game. Hell, put forth the idea of trading Pettersson. It's just an idea. A consideration. What are we doing here if we can't at least entertain the thought of something before accepting or rejecting it?

In practice, as in grounding the trade in actual names, I think we quickly find that it's an absurd notion. The best name I have seen put forth is Makar. That's the right idea, but it's a trade so fraught with uncertainty that it isn't worth considering seriously.

Boeser is a near PPG forward who has looked bad in his 2nd season. Looked bad, still near PPG... Think about that for a moment. Further, he looked near elite in his first season. With that short body of work, any trade would be very risky. Too many variables in being able to correctly project Boeser or the incoming Dman. Best to find another way to get that Dman, I say.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Trading guys like Boeser are how you get Naslund like trades. Trades that have the potential to be seriously lopsided and remembered forever. This is the risky kinda of play you have to be sure of. I do not recommend doing such an action unless there's an overpayment.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
You don’t trade Boeser.

If you want to bolster the blueline I’m afraid you have to follow this blueprint right now:

Keep Tanev, Edler and Hutton.

Sign the best top 4 free agent available. Likely sign a second.

Trade a guy like a Goldobin to a team in need of talent on the wing for another younger D-man.

Then continue drafting them.

That’s the near term fix to make it respectable. It’s unlikely for tha5 to happen.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

As for specifics: Raymond and Boeser should have been immobilized before moving them. We're talking about broken vertebrae here. Hodgson was misdiagnosed a few times, and AV even called him out in the press before it came out he really was injured. Rodin lobbied to come back here, was overplayed in the preseason, reinjured his knee, then sat out for months before getting the surgery he obviously needed. Gudbranson was playing with a brace on his shoulder and the team took umbrage when a picture of him wearing it got posted on social media because it apparently reduced his trade value (which the team mysteriously thought he had), but then they re-signed him anyway just a few games before shutting him down to get the surgery they'd been postponing, Boeser clearly had mobility issues during the preseason that half the bloody forum could see but stayed in the lineup...and oh yeah, they made Demko fly with a concussion.

Those are the specifics.

That soon enough?

Wow when you put it all together like that it looks even worse.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Putting forth the idea of trading Boeser? Fair game. Hell, put forth the idea of trading Pettersson. It's just an idea. A consideration. What are we doing here if we can't at least entertain the thought of something before accepting or rejecting it?

In practice, as in grounding the trade in actual names, I think we quickly find that it's an absurd notion. The best name I have seen put forth is Makar. That's the right idea, but it's a trade so fraught with uncertainty that it isn't worth considering seriously.

Boeser is a near PPG forward who has looked bad in his 2nd season. Looked bad, still near PPG... Think about that for a moment. Further, he looked near elite in his first season. With that short body of work, any trade would be very risky. Too many variables in being able to correctly project Boeser or the incoming Dman. Best to find another way to get that Dman, I say.

I agree with all of this.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Boeser is not looking good. We should trade him for a number 3 dman like pesche immediately....

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
All this trade Boeser fake outrage is pretty spectacular especially considering no one was actually proposing it.

It's pathetic, it really is.

One guy said "maybe I might look at trading him in the off-season for a defender" and instead of having a reasoned discussion about the idea, a bunch of babies freaked out at the mere suggestion. I thought this place had a higher level of discourse than Twitter and YouTube but sometimes it really disappoints me.

Reactions: MS and cookiefest

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Three goals 1 assist, hopefully all those guys calling for Boeser to be traded watched this game :laugh:

Man I love this player :yo:

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
It's looking like Brock's next contract is going to be 8+ mil. Nylander just signed for just under 7 and he has 0.72 pts/gm compared to Boeser's 0.86. He also has 6 less goals in less than half the games.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

One guy said "maybe I might look at trading him in the off-season for a defender" and instead of having a reasoned discussion about the idea, a bunch of babies freaked out at the mere suggestion. I thought this place had a higher level of discourse than Twitter and YouTube but sometimes it really disappoints me.
I also thought this place has a higher level of discourse, until I read more than one person suggesting trading Boeser

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell

It's ridiculous how the most minor thing snowballs into something completely different.

MS talks about how Boeser's effort level and defensive game has been poor as of late and says he'd consider making a trade for a young dman if the deal was right, that somehow becomes interpreted as him advocating for a Boeser trade, then it's apparently multiple people demanding for Boeser to be traded, then it got to the point where someone in the GDT today thought people were wanting Boeser and Pettersson to be traded..

It was like one big game of Chinese whispers which ended up closing any possibility of having a productive conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS and Peen

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
All this trade Boeser fake outrage is pretty spectacular especially considering no one was actually proposing it.
They were, though. Talking about trading him in the offseason for a defender is proposing to trade Boeser. It was a reaction to his struggling defensive game.

How is saying 'we should look at trading him for a defender in the offseason' not proposing trading Boeser?

Just because it wasn't suggested outright, doesn't mean people weren't talking about it.

Reactions: TruKnyte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad