Great Britain: British players abroad

blair3

Oct 6, 2009
A few for the new season.

Dave Clements and Craig Moore have re-signed for the Ogden Mustangs in the WSHL. Clements was voted best defenceman in the league.

Lewis English (15 year old Slough Junior) has a two week training camp set up via the EJHC where he will be spending time in America with some of the camps coaches.

Ollie Denis has joined a team in the GMHL from Solent. I forget the name of the team. A Northern Irish kid has also been signed to Clouthiers team the Bradford Rattlers.

Niall Quinn has moved from WSHL to the GMHL to play for Toronto Attack with fellow Brit Liam Morris.

Josh Cook seems to be looking at an NCAA scholarship (reading his twitter account). Now that the IIHF rules have changed can he now actually play for GB?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
GMHL/WSHL = yuck

Other ones to look out for:
Scott Robinson ('97) - trying out for Sicamous Eagles (KIJHL)
Louis Chabot ('01) - trying out for Ottawa Jr. 67s (minor bantam AAA)
Bradley Jenion ('98) - Canada, my guess is Ontario Hockey Academy
Adam Grimmitt ('99) - NSMMHL try out
Jesse Lye ('96) - Boston Jr. Bruins (USPHL)
Brad Stone ('96) - South Shore (USPHL)

blair3

Oct 6, 2009
Great news and best of luck to them all. I hope they all remember they are British and in time that the GB set up remembers they are available for selection.

Grizzly65x

Sep 12, 2010
Sam Jones confirmed Okanagan hockey academy prep

Scott Robinson signed with SicAmous Eagles

Shannon Douglas to Ontario Hockey Academy??

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Sam Jones confirmed Okanagan hockey academy prep

Scott Robinson signed with SicAmous Eagles

Shannon Douglas to Ontario Hockey Academy??

Any idea if Sam Jones is eligible for GB? His brother was the one that got them relegated because he held a Canadian passport so I assume he also holds one.

BCHockeyMom

Aug 19, 2014
British kids in Canada

Hey, I'm curious where you find out the info about these British young players at this stage of the season. One of them belongs to me! Lol

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
http://pointstreaksites.com/view/westernstateshockeyleague/news-851/news_167245
New Faces:
Laime likes to recruit all over, having brought in players from places like England, Slovakia and even Slovenia and will have a mini United Nations on his hands again. He expects big things from a trio of Swedes that includes forwards Edvin Johansson and Andreas Zollner, as well as 6’6” d-man Jakob Engvall. He also signed two forwards that should have immediate impacts including Canadian Corey Iapalucci and the speedy Alex Forbes of Scotland.

:( Another Brit going to WSHL

Also has Craig Moore returning.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
A little more insight on Orebro J18 and their expectations/goals this season:
http://www.orebrohockey.se/artikel/56710/

Last season, Örebro Hockey J18 two points from going on to the J18 Allsvenskan. For the season 2014/15 will continue building on the junior organization when J18 training harder than ever to reach the J18 Allsvenskan.

On the side we find goalkeeper Jonathan Frykholm and Isaac Mantler (New Örebro Hockey U16).

- A really exciting goalkeeper page. Isaac was with at the regional camps for the national team last season, and Jonathan was with the J18 last year and has taken big strides, says Örebro Hockey Junior Manager Jens Gustafsson.

On the reverse side, we find, among other things, four new from our U16 team and outside will include Tom Lundgren (Skövde) and Emil Karlsson (Arvika).

- Even the reverse side is really exciting this season. A more skillful game back side than before. Tom Lundgren and Zikmund Mroz was with the national team's 30-man squad last season.

On the forward side we see both a little more familiar names and some new. We see, among other things, Glenn Gustafsson (Haninge), Marcus Seidl (SDE) and the English great talent Samuel Duggan (Bracknell).

- A really strong forward side. We have received good players on 98-year class for our hockeygym. Several of the players have already known last season at J18 games.

- Anton Johansson was born in 1999, but was already a regular at J18 last season. A great talent from Örebro. Samuel Duggan, who is one of England's greatest talents ever, choose to come here to Örebro Hockey is obviously really fun.

Örebro Hockey's J18 team is continuing to invest and train to reach the J18 Allsvenskan. Junior Manager Jens Gustafsson is very happy over the development of the junior side.

- It's very fun to top player in Sweden Örebro Hockey looks like a really good option for further development. This year we had between 400-500 applicants for our hockeygym, we have a maximum of 14 places.

What do you think has contributed to this development?

- They see that our young players get a chance in Örebro Hockey's A-team. Our best players from our own U16 team are now choosing to stay at home. Previously it has been difficult to get the to stay in Örebro with the looks that today we are at least the same level as the other SHL-law, concludes Jens Gustafsson.

I had no clue they were that close to being in the national J18 league but it seems like they're expecting to get close again this season.

It seems they have high expectations for Duggan and they've seen him in game action a few times now so it's not a completely uneducated guess anymore.

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
Lewis is on try-out contract with Tölzer Löwen. If he makes it, he would still be in the Oberliga but they have a better chance at gaining for promotion, atleast fighting for it. Plus, they have cooperation agreements with DEL2 and DEL clubs so he may be able to move up and down.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
So Paul Swindlehurst will play for the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2014 Rookie Tournament

Great exposure and experience for him. He'll be able to get his name out there, as well as play alongside and against NHL prospects.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Lewis is on try-out contract with Tölzer Löwen. If he makes it, he would still be in the Oberliga but they have a better chance at gaining for promotion, atleast fighting for it. Plus, they have cooperation agreements with DEL2 and DEL clubs so he may be able to move up and down.

He played in an exhibition game yesterday vs. Riessersee, a DEL2 team, and assisted on the final goal for a 4-2 win.
In the report on the teams website, they say that the coach was happy with his performance.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Thanks for the Lewis update.

I was on their site and honestly didn't understand the google translated version at all lol

Connor Henderson ('97) from Scotland is going abroad this season in Canada. Unsure where but the easy guess is almost always Ontario Hockey Academy.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=238044

Being from Solway and having Grubb as a coach, I assume he's on the U18 radar.

blair3

Oct 6, 2009
Liam Charnock has joined the Ogden Mustangs and I understand that Aidan Dougherty has signed for a second season in the WSHL and Craig Thurston has also joined the league.

blair3

Oct 6, 2009
Cameron Pound and James Hounsome (formerly of the OHA UK) have signed for the Canadian Hockey Academy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad