Bring up Mckegg?

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
The Leafs should bring up Greg Mckegg if Kadri is suspended. A tweener whom we can assess his development. I saw the kid get 4 goals playing for Erie against the Knights in junior. We have nothing to lose might as well assess some trial by fire see how he responds

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
We have 2 points to lose every game he plays.

We'll be going on a losing streak anyways if we don't start getting more shots on goal. We have 3 centres out with a Kadri suspension. I'm just making a suggestion. We have 2 points to lose every game he doesn't play, I don't understand that comment

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
If Kadri is suspended we definitely need to bring up an offensive center, either Mckegg or Leivo. I'd want to see Clarkson and Lupul on the wings for Kegger though.

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
I agree that we should bring up kegger, hes an offensive center who has had plenty of time to develop, lets see what he can do at the nhl level

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
I would like to see mckegg or carrick. Carrick would be a safer bet. Put him in the 4th line and he would be responsible with the puck and give a hard honest effort.

Mckegg could play further up the lineup but not sure how that would turn out. Either way, give the young guys a chance

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
This is why Trevor Smith was signed. He isn't anything remotely spectacular but he's the best offensive center on the Marlies at the moment.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
McKegg was assessed in the preseason. You must have missed it or this thread wouldn't exist

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
McKegg probably had his best game as a Marlie last night. He was showing a gear I didn't know he had.

Pisses me off actually. Crescenzi was flying too.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Smith is the obvious choice, which is kind of sad. Abbott and Leivo are wingers so they aren't viable options. McKegg is our best Centre prospect on the Marlies but hes barely a quality AHLer.

This is where a teams depth comes through and clearly the Leafs are severely lacking. We already needed to sign a centre off the scrap heap, now we're likely to call up a career AHLer.

Hopefully our next crop of draftees prove more then the current minor pros in the organization.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I'd rather treat this opportunity as a training experience for a future center for the team.

I just don't see a 5'9", 170 lbs., 25 year old Abbott as a future answer.

Hope I'm wrong.

Maybe he's the Mark Acrobello for the east this year.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
McKegg has definitely been playing better.

The thing is that they're obviously not calling him or Smith up, since they let both of them play last night, and there's no way they're going to ask them to play 3 nights in a row.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Apparently both Smith and McKegg are in buffalo with the Leafs today.

Maybe each will get one game in the back to back.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'd rather treat this opportunity as a training experience for a future center for the team.

I just don't see a 5'9", 170 lbs., 25 year old Abbott as a future answer.

Hope I'm wrong.

I could not disagree more.

Given how badly the C position has been hit , I call for a rope a dope defensive posture.

These games mean something, this ain't a "race down for a pick" situation.

Bring up the safest option up from the AHL, training/shmaining :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->