Post-Game Talk: Bring on the season, see you Thursday @Beezer with the GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
You know whats scary. Defense didn't have that many mental lapses. They played better without the "Turnover Brothers"

Reactions: Mase

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Were pretty ****ed with the D. Top 4 is pretty much unmovable

Normally I would agree, but, as I'm sure you know, there ALWAYS seems to be a coach/GM who thinks they can take one teams turnover machine and turn it into treasure. You may have to retain some, but if you move them as a package, the retention may not sting as much. This is all hypothetical.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
You know whats scary. Defense didn't have that many mental lapses. They played better without the "Turnover Brothers"
I thought Weegs had a good game last night. I liked Stillman but think he could still use regular minutes in Springfield. Whereas keeping Brownie up as #7 and without regular minutes won't effect his game much.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Didn't know much about Toninato before but the boxscore says he led all players with 5 hits last night, while adding 2 blocked shots and one takeaway. He has some good speed as well.
Don't know if he will make the cut but looks to be a good depth option for bottom 6 in case of injuries.

Reactions: Mase and CHGoalie27

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Kind of a shitty reason to have to send solid players down that could be contributing. After all that, seems like nothing really surprising happened regarding the opening night roster.

Oh well, those guys are bound to be back up at some point. I guess Connolly will be good to go, at least.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Malgin being waiver eligible was the difference :(

Meh, I think it’s fine. Malgin isn’t going to hurt you defensively like Tippet might. Tippet had some bad plays last night. Tippet has more potential upside but we need less downside risk in our lineup. Plus Tippet and Stillman can play big minutes in the AHL and will be called up eventually.

Reactions: BeezKnees

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Meh, I think it’s fine. Malgin isn’t going to hurt you defensively like Tippet might. Tippet had some bad plays last night. Tippet has more potential upside but we need less downside risk in our lineup. Plus Tippet and Stillman can play big minutes in the AHL and will be called up eventually.

Didnt catch the game last night so I cant say anything about that. But I know Tips had a better camp than Malgin, and that's with Malgin getting an opportunity to run with Barky and Dads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->