Bring Back the Jets....the Rally to End All Rallys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly Flyer Fan*

BRING BACK THE JETS!!!!

The people in the "PEG" deserve a pro hockey team. :bow: :bow:

jacketracket*

My apologies, HT --- I thought this was a gag thread. Post deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Let me go down as saying I would love to see a city like Winnipeg get an expansion franchise just not a relocated one.
Nashville and Carolina are the whipping boys on this message board and in the Canadian press. With all the misinformation about us a little truth about Winnipeg never hurts. If this was a save the Preds, Thrashers, Canes, or Panthers rally it would be all over the Canadian papers and on this board. There was more press people there than fans.

Last edited:

jacketracket*

I can't get the link to open.

From the thread starter's post, I assumed he/she was being sarcastic which --- given the respective circumstances of the two fan bases --- seems rather ironic. The next poster, who I thought had read the link, seemed to imply hat this was a heart-felt acknowledgement of 'Peggers' efforts.

Always a first-class move, to belittle the efforts of those hockey fans who want a team --- especially those who had a team, and saw it taken from them.

Douchebaggery, to say the least.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
jacketracket said:

From the thread starter's post, I assumed he/she was being sarcastic which --- given the respective circumstances of the two fan bases --- seems rather ironic. The next poster, who I thought had read the link, seemed to imply hat this was a heart-felt acknowledgement of 'Peggers' efforts.

Always a first-class move, to belittle the efforts of those hockey fans who want a team --- especially those who had a team, and saw it taken from them.

I had to save the file to my hard drive to watch it. Basically it shows about 5 to10 semi-drunk guys running around in jets jerseys with alot of media people (close half the people in the clip have either cameras or microphones). Even the person making the clip gets bored and focuses on a girl walking by in a pink top and follows her walking if you know what I mean.

It's not like People (partically from Winipeg) don't make fun of Preds fans, and want to take away our team. When you get a heart transplant remember some one else had to die first.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
jacketracket said:

Trust me when I say the real douchebaggery exists only from the people that frequent that Jetsowner.com site (the members of whom organized that "rally.") They constantly troll message boards (and constantly get banned from message board) and I know of at least 3 different boards that the same member has been kicked off of. They constantly belittle US markets, spread outright lies and half-truths, and in their delusions believe that on average, only 8,500 people show up for a Hurricanes game and that somehow EVERY SINGLE GAME in Winnipeg would be sold out should an NHL team return there. Having been to four 'Canes home games this season, at no time has total attendance been as low as they claim. The fact that they believe that Southern teams have such low turnouts but can't get more than 4 people to their "rally" is hilarious.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
garnetpalmetto said:
They constantly belittle US markets, spread outright lies and half-truths, and in their delusions believe that on average, only 8,500 people show up for a Hurricanes game and that somehow EVERY SINGLE GAME in Winnipeg would be sold out should an NHL team return there. Having been to four 'Canes home games this season, at no time has total attendance been as low as they claim. The fact that they believe that Southern teams have such low turnouts but can't get more than 4 people to their "rally" is hilarious.
Boy that's the truth they always say the 25% of the people in the stands recieved free tickets or are cardbord cutouts (my favorite) or garbage like that.

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Gnashville said:
Boy that's the truth they always say the 25% of the people in the stands recieved free tickets or are cardbord cutouts (my favorite) or garbage like that.

I think the guy got his sports teams and leagues confused, as that's what the Atlanta Hawks do....... :D

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
I think it would be nice for the 'Peg to have an NHL team back, but the people on the jetsowner site spread a lot of propaganda. Even I can concede that the attendence is decent in the South.

jacketracket*

Gnashville said:
It's not like People (partically from Winipeg) don't make fun of Preds fans, and want to take away our team. When you get a heart transplant remember some one else had to die first.
So what?

There are idiots who post on the Preds' league site (and who post here) who will argue up and down that Columbus never deserved a team, and shouldn't have one now. Are you one of them? Does their idiocy make me mocking your fandom somehow legit?

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I want 30 secs of my life back which I spent getting that video to play. I expected to see a real rally, yet all i saw was a few drunks holding a "Honk For Jets" sign.

Bottom line is this, if a team is put up for sale and someone buys it and wants to bring them to Winnipeg, they will. Doesn't matter what a few fans say.

jacketracket*

garnetpalmetto said:
Trust me when I say the real douchebaggery exists only from the people that frequent that Jetsowner.com site (the members of whom organized that "rally.") They constantly troll message boards (and constantly get banned from message board) and I know of at least 3 different boards that the same member has been kicked off of.
I frequent that site. And blaming that site --- as if all members were idiots --- is in itself douchebaggery.

They constantly belittle US markets, spread outright lies and half-truths, and in their delusions believe that on average, only 8,500 people show up for a Hurricanes game and that somehow EVERY SINGLE GAME in Winnipeg would be sold out should an NHL team return there. Having been to four 'Canes home games this season, at no time has total attendance been as low as they claim. The fact that they believe that Southern teams have such low turnouts but can't get more than 4 people to their "rally" is hilarious.
I love being lectured by another on who "they" are, and what "they" say. As if I live a cloistered life, never venturing onto other hockey message boards. My god, we see ten times worse here from the fans of established teams, than we see from some poor Winnipeggers, wanting their team back.

Last edited by a moderator:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
jacketracket said:
I frequent that site. And blaming that site --- as if all members were idiots --- is in itself douchebaggery.

I love being lectured by another on who "they" are, and what "they" say. As if I live a cloistered life, never venturing onto other hockey message boards. My god, we see ten times worse here from the fans of established teams, than we see from some poor Winnipeggers, wanting their team back.

Pardon me for not having my tracking software activated so that I know precisely which forums you visit. :rolleyes:

Good for you that you visit there. If I had any cookies, I'd offer you one. And yes, I would have to say that nearly every member of that site I've encountered on other boards has been an idiot. With a few exceptions, they tend to be the most ill-informed and nastiest bunch I've seen who, when confronted with evidence that runs contrary to the opinions spoon-fed to them by Darren Ford, attack the intelligence of a poster via ad hominems, or worse, answer with "But Darren said..." These "poor Winnipeggers" troll messageboards, spread bigotry targeted at those living in the Southern US, write inflammatory e-mails to sports writers in Southern cities, and in general, are the bane of existence of more than a few messageboard moderators I know. Pardon me for not shedding a tear for them.

As an aside, at one time I had rather hoped that Winnipeg might get an expansion team. But, after seeing who exactly supports that movement, I have to say I get a little chuckle everytime I go to a 'Canes game knowing that I can see NHL hockey while the best some of them can do is shack up in their parents basement trolling messageboards with their ignorance.

jacketracket*

garnetpalmetto said:
Pardon me for not having my tracking software activated so that I know precisely which forums you visit. :rolleyes:
No. There is no excuse.

jacketracket*

garnetpalmetto said:
Good for you that you visit there. If I had any cookies, I'd offer you one. And yes, I would have to say that nearly every member of that site I've encountered on other boards has been an idiot. With a few exceptions, they tend to be the most ill-informed and nastiest bunch I've seen who, when confronted with evidence that runs contrary to the opinions spoon-fed to them by Darren Ford, attack the intelligence of a poster via ad hominems, or worse, answer with "But Darren said..." These "poor Winnipeggers" troll messageboards, spread bigotry targeted at those living in the Southern US, write inflammatory e-mails to sports writers in Southern cities, and in general, are the bane of existence of more than a few messageboard moderators I know. Pardon me for not shedding a tear for them.
And as someone who does visit that board, I'd say you're exhibiting paranoia.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
jacketracket said:
So what?

There are idiots who post on the Preds' league site (and who post here) who will argue up and down that Columbus never deserved a team, and shouldn't have one now. Are you one of them? Does their idiocy make me mocking your fandom somehow legit?
I hve no problem with Columbus, but those trolling idiot called this "rally" a success

Rayne*

Even if there is going to be an NHL team in Winnipeg sometime in the future, odds are they won't be called the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->