Bring Back Ralph

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Did anyone else notice the header on Ralph Strangis' twitter page?

"Ralph Strangis. hockey PXP guy looking to get back into it full time with a team."​

Why has this not happened yet? Bring back Ralph and Razor. Otherwise, anyone heard any news in general of the Stars' plans to address their broadcast next season?

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Did anyone else notice the header on Ralph Strangis' twitter page?

"Ralph Strangis. hockey PXP guy looking to get back into it full time with a team."​

Why has this not happened yet? Bring back Ralph and Razor. Otherwise, anyone heard any news in general of the Stars' plans to address their broadcast next season?

I wish. Unfortunately I don't think they're going to address it even though they need to. The duo from this past season was unacceptable, especially after a quarter century of excellent broadcasting.

Reactions: eartotheground

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Ralph was slipping when he was hear last. Wrong names and the fact that him and razor don’t get along. Razor wants to do PBP. The Stars chose Razor over Ralph.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Didn’t see it, would love for him to be back with Dallas. As a youngster in DFW he was my teacher learning the sport as well as a lot of kids in DFW.

Definitely would love him back but I think he’s going to do something different if he comes back into broadcasting in the league.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ralph and Razor hate each other.
Yeah and Then Razors ego would never allow him to go back to Color, not that he was any good there either, just more tolerable.
Razor should have been let go a long time ago and Ralph kept on, but it is what it is, the Team is crap and our PbP is crap too

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Crazy to think those two hated eachother after being a duo for such a long time. Maybe it started near the end, but man it’s a damn shame. Those two were great to listen to.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Razor didn't force Ralph out, the team didn't choose him over Ralph, they reluctantly signed Ralph to the same deal they gave Razor, that he was demanding. Then after one year into the deal, he quit, he choose to leave the Stars, not the other way around. Im fine with Razor wanting to do PxP, has he been rough, a little, but he has also basically been doing PxP and half the color commentary, a more experienced color guy could possibly help out the broadcast quite a bit.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Razor didn't force Ralph out, the team didn't choose him over Ralph, they reluctantly signed Ralph to the same deal they gave Razor, that he was demanding. Then after one year into the deal, he quit, he choose to leave the Stars, not the other way around. Im fine with Razor wanting to do PxP, has he been rough, a little, but he has also basically been doing PxP and half the color commentary, a more experienced color guy could possibly help out the broadcast quite a bit.
Nobody said he did.
Razor's ego would never allow him (razor) to go back to color. But I can't stand Razor, never could, it's even worse now that he's PbP. He does PbP and Color, because he's in love with the sound of his own voice.
I had less issues with Ludwig, while admittedly cringe worthy, over the last 2 years than listening to Razor. With the exception of Edwards in Boston, It's a 3rd straight year of watching mostly away feeds.
I can't stand his yelling, anytime the Stars get over the blueline.
Not NBCSports bad, but it's not good anymore

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ralph and Razor were regarded as one of the best, if not the best broadcast duo in the league.

Where is this longterm hatred for Razor coming from? The duo has obviously degraded, but I don’t think it’s bad at all still.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ralph and Razor were regarded as one of the best, if not the best broadcast duo in the league.

Where is this longterm hatred for Razor coming from? The duo has obviously degraded, but I don’t think it’s bad at all still.
I've always found him annoying. But at least it was in small doses when he was Color.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I would rather have Razor than Ralph. They were good together but I like what Razor brings more than Ralph
Funny, because I'm the opposite. I would much rather have a top-notch PXP guy than color. In fact, I'd rather have Ralph and Ludwig than Razor in PXP, and that' saying something.

Reactions: ElGuapo

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
A good color guy is worth his weight in gold, giving fans snippets of things they wouldn't normally see or didn't think of. I thought Reaugh did a good job with that function over the years, but I don't think he's a play-by-play man.

Reactions: eartotheground

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad