Bring Back Benny!! Poll.....

Should the Jets reintroduce Benny as its official Mascot of the NHL team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
what's going on re: Benny's shoe? Taped up. guess 20 years of unemployment was tough on the guy. couldn't afford new shoes.

At the Heritage Classic (when they first brought Benny back) I recall them saying that it was the original Benny costume they had dug out and cleaned. They probably haven't had a new Benny costume made since.

ANyways, I like the Mick E Moose. He ties the Jets and Moose franchises together. He now has lots of history in Winnipeg. And the slightly deranged look on his face always reminded me of Space Moose, who long ago would appear in the U of M's Toban newspaper.

time_machine1.gif

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
At the Heritage Classic (when they first brought Benny back) I recall them saying that it was the original Benny costume they had dug out and cleaned. They probably haven't had a new Benny costume made since.

ANyways, I like the Mick E Moose. He ties the Jets and Moose franchises together. He now has lots of history in Winnipeg. And the slightly deranged look on his face always reminded me of Space Moose, who long ago would appear in the U of M's Toban newspaper.

time_machine1.gif

HAHA oh man, I'm having U of M flashbacks now

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

time_machine1.gif
space moose was my favourite. especially one that involved a barn in the middle of the woods

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
This picture illustrates exactly what's wrong with Benny. He doesn't wear pants!

Even though I can't really tell what's going on down there under all that blue fuzz, I'm sure it's indecent!

Think of the children!
judging by the rigid mound of hair he has on his head...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
how can i hate you when you're on a roll today?? :)
I finally got past the adversarial stuff..
This place is educational for me as the knowledgeable posters have amazing insights.
No more negativity from me
GJG

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
The hell is the point of the Moose? Has nothing to do with the Jets. Probably saving on costs.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This picture illustrates exactly what's wrong with Benny. He doesn't wear pants!

Even though I can't really tell what's going on down there under all that blue fuzz, I'm sure it's indecent!

Think of the children!
He probably already does :sarcasm:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
personally i want to see Crazy George again. he was a dreamboat

His hourly fee was reasonable. It was the massive amount of cocaine he required to keep his energy up for a 3 hour hockey game that was expensive.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I voted for a brand new mascot.

Maybe make him look something like this and call him "Jumbo" or "Fighter"...

aeroplane-plane-mascot-costume-2.png

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
The hell is the point of the Moose? Has nothing to do with the Jets. Probably saving on costs.

He wears an old school pilot's helmet on his head. That's what he has to do with the Jets. Plus he was a continuation of the ongoing TNSE-owned Moose. Remember they sold it as "Winnipeg is being called up to the majors". They kept their coach (Noel). Heisinger stuck around as Asst. Manager. And they kept Mick E Moose.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Benny looks like a toothbrush. I'm all about Mick E. I mean Moose are hardcore. You **** one of those guys off, you get the horns

But you see, if Benny looks like a toothbrush and Mick E. has those huge teeth, they are a match made in heaven because they promote dental care to all the children that eat copious amounts of Twizzlers and Tim-bits during a game. KEEP THEM BOTH

Reactions: Afterburner

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yes, when that damn moose is banging his ****ing drum in my ear, it does affect my enjoyment level at the game. :mad:

Yeah, I know. Here, I'll save somebody the trouble.

old.jpg

:laugh:
It's true. I wonder if they realize they are damaging people's hearing. Maybe a lawsuit would change things. Im right where he comes out and it is awful!

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I like Mick E Moose (though not his name). The aviator helmet and goggles are a nice touch. Would like to see Benny only at games where the Jets are wearing the heritage uni's. That should be an option in the poll.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I like Mick E Moose (though not his name). The aviator helmet and goggles are a nice touch. Would like to see Benny only at games where the Jets are wearing the heritage uni's. That should be an option in the poll.

That's actually a very good idea. You should suggest that to the Jets.

Hey, maybe we could get Captain Blue for Aviator jersey nights. Not sure where he would fly his plane, though. Maybe around the concourse, mowing down fans in opposing jerseys? :laugh:

Reactions: purdy44

Steenager

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

As far as I can tell, they are already doing this.

Benny has been at every game I have seen where the Jets have worn the retros.

Reactions: purdy44

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Benny was my childhood.

But man, the way Mick E bangs on that drum and the garbage bins at games is something else. He's so talented. Lol.

If anything lets give Mick a new backstory.

The story of Mick E Moose...

One day Mick (as a real moose) was hanging out in the outskirts of the perimeter. He was approached by a man named Mark Stuart. Thunder struck them both. Mick E Moose was born and molded into a hockey mascot. Mark was never seen again.

Obviously though, real Mark Stuart works for the Moose now. So this story wont make any sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad