Bring Back Benny!! Poll.....

Should the Jets reintroduce Benny as its official Mascot of the NHL team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Lets talk mascots

With Gritty getting some mad love across North America, would it be a good time to reintroduce Benny as the sole mascot for the Winnipeg Jets, and reassign Mick E. Moose down to the farm team.

The Moose makes zero sense, Benny has huge ties to the history of the team, and they could have some fun with it, change him up a bit.

73d2a678-2a9f-40b9-bb18-6af4df264e42-original.jpg
gritty*480xx425-567-0-0.jpg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Benny is one of the worst looking mascots in professional sports history.

i'd rather have the scary looking moose

(edit: Benny's shoes were amazing)

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
there should be an option 4: Have both Benny and Mick E. Moose as Jets mascots. I won't vote for any of the 3 options listed. They had both several times during the last 2 seasons and everyone was happy. Mick E. Moose is already established and loved by kids and younger fans, why retire him? What does it matter if a Moose makes no sense? Toronto has a polar bear, that makes even less sense. We at least have a lot of moose in Manitoba. It works for the Bombers, having 2 mascots. In fact, that lines up nicely.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Benny is one of the worst looking mascots in professional sports history.

i'd rather have the scary looking moose

(edit: Benny's shoes were amazing)
I thought Gritty was the worst looking mascot in the history of mascots, but then he grew on me, like a Pug, so ugly they are cute....

But like I said, lets do an update on him

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
there should be an option 4: Have both Benny and Mick E. Moose as Jets mascots. I won't vote for any of the 3 options listed. They had both several times during the last 2 seasons and everyone was happy. Mick E. Moose is already established and loved by kids and younger fans, why retire him? What does it matter if a Moose makes no sense? Toronto has a polar bear, that makes even less sense. We at least have a lot of moose in Manitoba. It works for the Bombers, having 2 mascots. In fact, that lines up nicely.

Added your choice.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I've always hated the Mick E Moose name. Not the mascot itself...but the name. It's a crass and silly rip off of another Corporations marquee character. it isn't really any more than that. I've always been surprised Disney didn't put out a cease and desist over it. At least Benny has a couple of levels of puns involved playing on the team's history and the pop song....

Nostalgia made me vote for Benny, but maybe it's time for something new altogether.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
A mascot is a mascot. Does anyone really care about them? Does the mascot actually effect your level of enjoyment at a Jets game?

Yes, when that damn moose is banging his f***ing drum in my ear, it does affect my enjoyment level at the game. :mad:

Yeah, I know. Here, I'll save somebody the trouble.

old.jpg

:laugh:

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Lets talk mascots

With Gritty getting some mad love across North America, would it be a good time to reintroduce Benny as the sole mascot for the Winnipeg Jets, and reassign Mick E. Moose down to the farm team.

The Moose makes zero sense, Benny has huge ties to the history of the team, and they could have some fun with it, change him up a bit.

73d2a678-2a9f-40b9-bb18-6af4df264e42-original.jpg
gritty*480xx425-567-0-0.jpg
Benny was lame and totally forgetable. Mick E. Moose has a distinct look, and actually represents a thing that's real. At least Gritty is so crazy looking that it sparks publicity.

Benny was safe and boring (come to think of it, based on that he would be perfect for the current aesthetic philosophy of the Jets).

Reactions: littlerocketboy

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Benny was lame and totally forgetable. Mick E. Moose has a distinct look, and actually represents a thing that's real. At least Gritty is so crazy looking that it sparks publicity.

Benny was safe and boring (come to think of it, based on that he would be perfect for the current aesthetic philosophy of the Jets).
Benny dropping bombs over villages would be a great way to sell a war. Comforting!

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Should have both Mick E Moose and Benny.

DOr_saZXkAABuuC.jpg

:jets

This picture illustrates exactly what's wrong with Benny. He doesn't wear pants!

Even though I can't really tell what's going on down there under all that blue fuzz, I'm sure it's indecent!

Think of the children!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad