Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Currently 7th in the EPL.
Still very much in top 4 finish.

Last 3 FA cups (this included)
in the last 8, now are going to last 4.

They have a good squad, good management & coaches, Potter leaving and they didnt fall is a proof of that.

They have slowly created an winning culture and now they are reaping.
- with a clear goal, to improve further and become a regular top 4 contender.

As in, done important ground work and not by winning per se, surviving at first, then smartly growing.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ah yes the Brighton mega-thread we have all been waiting for.

There has been so much good since promotion to the premier league. I will do a longer write up on some of the history in the coming days and the lead up to where the club is today.

I do think it will be tough to truly establish ourselves as the 7th best team in the league though. Mitoma, Caicedo, and Mac Allister will all be poached at some point.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ah yes the Brighton mega-thread we have all been waiting for.

There has been so much good since promotion to the premier league. I will do a longer write up on some of the history in the coming days and the lead up to where the club is today.

I do think it will be tough to truly establish ourselves as the 7th best team in the league though. Mitoma, Caicedo, and Mac Allister will all be poached at some point.
How long will they strike gold on their purchases will be interesting. Is it a flash in the pan like Leicester or can they maintain their infrastructure and continue to buy smart? Honestly I have my doubts but we should enjoy it while it lasts it’s harder to stay on top then to get there

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How long will they strike gold on their purchases will be interesting. Is it a flash in the pan like Leicester or can they maintain their infrastructure and continue to buy smart? Honestly I have my doubts but we should enjoy it while it lasts it’s harder to stay on top then to get there
I think it's basically impossible to constantly have good buys. Leicester had a ton of good buys and/or guys a lot of people thought were going to be good buys. At some point, guys don't hit for whatever reason. When you have a ton of money, you get less risk and more chances, but when you're operating on a tight budget, those misses knock you back. There've been these types of teams for a while. Before Leicester, it was Southampton.

Eventually the front office guys will move on or will miss a couple targets. But that isn't to scoff at what they've built thus far.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
They have a very stable set up and the owner is sensible. They have come from not having their own ground being removed from the Goldstone and moving miles away to the Withedean to the Amex.

It musr be noted their owner and Brentford's are wealthy but the clubs are extremely well run. Compare that to my club Watford and Mr. Gino Pozzo. The man has not got a clue.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I like Brighton and they’ve done well, but I do find it a bit amusing when English teams turning a profit is celebrated.

After all, they only get, what? 150 million pounds in TV money?

It also ignores the colossal debt that most Premier League teams are in.

Reactions: robertmac43

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
28 games and 13 wins.

With both Chelsea and Liverpool stumbling this year-someone had to slide up

Brighton is not one of the top teams in the league
Probably going to end up with 19 wins and 9 draws, give or take a couple. 66 points with an FA Cup semi-final isn't nothing. Had they not had 3 points stolen from them over the weekend, they'd be in an even better position.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Probably going to end up with 19 wins and 9 draws, give or take a couple. 66 points with an FA Cup semi-final isn't nothing. Had they not had 3 points stolen from them over the weekend, they'd be in an even better position.
Not the first Brighton robbery of the season. We have had an apology from the league already lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad