Bright Side

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
And you make up things.

Hextall decides on the roster, it's his team, blaming Hakstol is just deflecting responsibility from Hextall.

Read was not better than Lehtera, 5x5 he was awful last year, he wasn't even a top forward on the Phantoms. And he's gone.
Sanheim only stayed up due to injury, they needed a 7th D-man. He was playing like crap at the time, that's why he was demoted.
Hextall is the one who constantly says no player was hurt by more time in the AHL.

And you should join Striiker in the hayfields and build strawmen to your hearts' content.

Liar. That's all you are. My god. The Sanheim garbage has been dunked on your face so many times it's not funny. You've been educated, and you choose to propagate falsehood. You lie.

You lie in defense of a worthless coach, a coach you said you'd be judging this year, yet you refuse to judge.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Pens added a lot of talent with that new coach, their problem had always been a top heavy franchise that neglected building depth.
And they got lucky when Murray got hot at the right time. Amazing how "genius coaches" and hot goalies seem to go hand in hand.
Or how Gallant looked a lot smarter when MAF had a career year.

Flyers have added quite a lot of talent to Hakstol too, and he's done f***-all with it.

Sullivan coached around goalie injuries you know. So did Trotz.

Reactions: Ruck Over

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sullivan got lucky, so did Trotz. If Murray doesn't come along, kiss his first cup goodbye and maybe the second. Murray had nothing to do with Sullivan. The same way you wouldn't credit Hakstol with Hart if he came up in March and took us deep into the playoffs with great goaltending. Holtby got healthy and played at a high level in the playoffs.

The Sanheim script is an invention, there is not a single shred of evidence that he was sent down over Hextall's objections.
Basically a conspiracy theory, much like the Pizza pedophiles.

Sure coaches matter, but not that much, and it's often just happenstance, Lavi won a cup then couldn't make the playoffs the next two years - did he suddenly get stupid? Or was he the right coach on the right team at the right time?

Build a team, then worry about the coaches.
Because finding the right coach is basically a crapshoot.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sullivan got lucky, so did Trotz. If Murray doesn't come along, kiss his first cup goodbye and maybe the second. Murray had nothing to do with Sullivan. The same way you wouldn't credit Hakstol with Hart if he came up in March and took us deep into the playoffs with great goaltending. Holtby got healthy and played at a high level in the playoffs.

The Sanheim script is an invention, there is not a single shred of evidence that he was sent down over Hextall's objections.
Basically a conspiracy theory, much like the Pizza pedophiles.

Sure coaches matter, but not that much, and it's often just happenstance, Lavi won a cup then couldn't make the playoffs the next two years - did he suddenly get stupid? Or was he the right coach on the right team at the right time?

Build a team, then worry about the coaches.
Because finding the right coach is basically a crapshoot.

Everyone who wins a Cup has a degree of luck. When you repeat, it stops being lucky.

The only inventions about Sanheim are your debunked lies about how he was playing. Why are you comparing yourself to the Pizzagaters?

Having the proper roster for a coach is definitely important. You said that Hakstol finally has a roster that he can work with and that we can begin judging him. You still refuse to. Why?

Finding the right coach isn't a crapshoot, it's what happens when management does a good job. Otherwise why have coaches? If coaching is so irrelevant as you claim, why do you worship Hakstol as an infallible deity?

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I have a theory that Kate Smith is the reason why we're cursed. We play that stupid video every year and don't win anything -- time to let it die and see how it goes.

I think KAte Smith is related to it.

I think she was a witch.
And she played some role in Ed Snider's pact. I recall reading she used to finger her fingers at the opposing team like she was placing a hex.
Kate Smith cast some spell on the opposing team.

To destroy the curse we need to burn all her videos.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I think KAte Smith is related to it.

I think she was a witch.
And she played some role in Ed Snider's pact. I recall reading she used to finger her fingers at the opposing team like she was placing a hex.
Kate Smith cast some spell on the opposing team.

To destroy the curse we need to burn all her videos.
WHY DO YOU SAY SUCH MEAN AND NASTY THINGS?! LEAVE KATE SMITH ALONE! ONLY NAUGHTY KIDS PLAY WITH FIRE!

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If before last year, when someone suggests Trotz, he was laughed at, now he's a genius.
Gallant was run out of Florida for being old fashioned, preferring experienced, slower veterans and eschewing analytics, now he's a genius.

Yes, hiring a coach is a crapshoot.
Or good teams wouldn't cycle through coaches so fast.

Right now, the Flyers are an odd mix, they're not a good destination for a coach like Lavi because they're not a veteran team.
They're reaching a point where they're expected to win so they're not a good destination for an inexperienced coach to grow into the job.

So brilliant ones, who is available who is that proverbial genius AND a good fit (including Rhino skin to deal with Philly fans and media) and is actually available?

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
If before last year, when someone suggests Trotz, he was laughed at, now he's a genius.
Gallant was run out of Florida for being old fashioned, preferring experienced, slower veterans and eschewing analytics, now he's a genius.

Yes, hiring a coach is a crapshoot.
Or good teams wouldn't cycle through coaches so fast.

Right now, the Flyers are an odd mix, they're not a good destination for a coach like Lavi because they're not a veteran team.
They're reaching a point where they're expected to win so they're not a good destination for an inexperienced coach to grow into the job.

So brilliant ones, who is available who is that proverbial genius AND a good fit (including Rhino skin to deal with Philly fans and media) and is actually available?

Just here to point out the fact that just because that is your assessment of why a coach *might* not work here doesn't mean it's fact - it's purely your opinion and your assessment

Reactions: Tripod

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Diego: Hold my beer

Speaking of San Diego, did you know that "Jeff Hakstok" is Lakota Sioux for "a whale's vagina"? True story.

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just here to point out the fact that just because that is your assessment of why a coach *might* not work here doesn't mean it's fact - it's purely your opinion and your assessment

Pretty much everything posted here is someone's opinion. Have I ever suggested differently?
Now some people here actually pretend their opinions don't smell.

Still haven't seen any coaching candidates presented, fire Hakstol isn't good enough, unless you want Gordon as coach!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The boomers were all sellouts anyway so that'd be par for the course.

Actually, you have to split the Boomers into two generations, the ones born in the late 40s/early 50s, if they didn't get shot it 'Nam, they had it made in the shade, because they were already in the work force when the recessions of the 70s (73, 79, 82) hit, so it was the people behind them that got laid off or couldn't find jobs.

The generation from the mid 50's to early 60s faced a bulging workforce (including women entering in record numbers) and a slow economy.

The generation born in the late 1990s to about 2010 are like the early boomers, they're entering a workforce plagued by labor shortages, if they can fog a mirror, they can land a job.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Actually, you have to split the Boomers into two generations, the ones born in the late 40s/early 50s, if they didn't get shot it 'Nam, they had it made in the shade, because they were already in the work force when the recessions of the 70s (73, 79, 82) hit, so it was the people behind them that got laid off or couldn't find jobs.

The generation from the mid 50's to early 60s faced a bulging workforce (including women entering in record numbers) and a slow economy.

The generation born in the late 1990s to about 2010 are like the early boomers, they're entering a workforce plagued by labor shortages, if they can fog a mirror, they can land a job.
Not to derail but are the labor shortages being caused by the fact that nobody wants to pay a living wage anymore? That's why the government office I work in can't hold onto people. People here cling to the promise of one of the last pension systems around while shambling underpaid and undervalued through the decades to retirement. Meanwhile the fast food workers clamored for higher wages and got them. Then McDonald's rolls out the ordering kiosks to start replacing employees as expected. All the while old boomers keep yelling about bootstraps while they suck up the Social Security they keep voting to dismantle. I'm sure there's a split somewhere in the boomer generation but I'm too poor to care. :laugh:

Reactions: Ruck Over

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Barry Trotz went to NYI this summer. We could have easily outbid them.

They are not a veteran team. So your theory is debunked.

Sheldon Keefe would have been a good possible hire.

But fwiw, I have said before that Hextall only has 1 more coaching hire. So keeping Hak here longer while more kids develop means HIS clock does not start ticking. Self preservation at it's finest. And honestly, I don't blame him.

But to pretend that there have not been coaches available that would be a likely upgrade, is wrong.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
But fwiw, I have said before that Hextall only has 1 more coaching hire. So keeping Hak here longer while more kids develop means HIS clock does not start ticking. Self preservation at it's finest. And honestly, I don't blame him.

this is definitely a theory that a few of us have. as long as Hak is around, he will always be the top target for fans to blame. but if a new coach is brought in, and the team continues to struggle, guess who's next in line? Hextall. he's not stupid. unfortunately, his self-preservation is hurting the team. we're wasting prime years of players because our coach is a complete idiot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->