Signing(s): Bridgewater staying with the Saints

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
How soon does he feel that Brees is going to retire? Teddy has not started a game in what 3 seasons?

He started the Saints week 17 game last season versus Carolina.

Have to see how long the deal is for. Could be a 1-year deal so he gets back on the open market next year but, I'm thinking it's going to be a max of 3 years.

Brees has probably 2 years left unless the Saints win a SuperBowl this year, he could call it a career.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was hoping he'd get an opportunity to start somewhere but good for him if he has a legit chance to replace Brees as early as the 2020 season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Go get that money and starting gig with the hometown team. This is what the Dolphins should've done last year.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd welcome Teddy with open arms, but i feel he'd be little more than a sacrificial lamb for the Phins. Trot him out, let him get smacked around on the way to a high draft pick and selecting a presumable QB of the future.

Least with the Saints he'd have a real chance to succeed.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good for Teddy to get that $$$ but surprised he didn't want chance to start

A lot can change in year so there is no guarantee he will ever get chance in NO

Theoretically he could get some action this coming year (Brees injury for instance opening door) and fail miserably thus taking him from potential #1 this offseason (For a team like Miami) to not even getting calls next offseason

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He thinks the Dolphins are taking a QB in the draft

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As a Panthers fan I don't mind the Saints spending that kind of money on a guy they hope doesn't play any significant amount of time. I understand wanting a good backup but still a pretty weird signing all things considered.
If your backup isn't making decent money, he probably isn't a good one. That's not to say all well-paid backups are good.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If your backup isn't making decent money, he probably isn't a good one. That's not to say all well-paid backups are good.
It's difficult to say whether Teddy is a good backup now though. In his one game he played after blowing out his knee, he didn't look so hot. Granted, Saints weren't really playing for anything and benched some starters but he's still largely unproven since his injury. In theory he's a good backup.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's difficult to say whether Teddy is a good backup now though. In his one game he played after blowing out his knee, he didn't look so hot. Granted, Saints weren't really playing for anything and benched some starters but he's still largely unproven since his injury. In theory he's a good backup.
I mean, only they truly know. They preferred him over Tannehill or Bortles having just been released or even Ryan Fitzpatrick who is a guy who is proven who can come in off the bench and hold the line for a few games.

That said, Bridgewater didn't get pre-season with the Saints, he was still with the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->