Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2021-22: Playoffs Start May 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
At the moment, the team is showing 15 forwards, 7 Dmen, and 1 goalie.

That includes somewhat likely ECHL candidates Coskey, Bibeau, Pastujov, Brown, Brubacher and possible OHL return Jenkins.

We might see a couple more signings, especially a goalie. Those signings might be players like Ryan Mackinnon, vet B’port tweeners.

A top 9 of:
Holmstrom - Czarnik - Wahlstrom
Bellows - Koivula - Ho-Sang
Greer - Bardreau - Fritz

Next 6 F’s
Ladd - Kubiak - Jobst
Jenkins - Bobo - Durandeau

Blueline -
Hickey - Hutton
Wotherspoon Vande Sompel
Helgeson - Wilde
Brubacher

you also have Aho if they can’t trade Boychuk and Possibly Komarov if they need more cap space.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I am fine with any of the top 4 if a call up has to be made.

I also think Covid really screwed the chances for Fritz to have his shot.. too bad. The guy is a really hard worker and would love to open up a spot for him.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Very likely just minor pro depth, can’t imagine any upside here.

———-

“Goaltender Francis Marotte signed with the New York Islanders, the 25-year-old announced on his Instagram page Friday night.

Marotte is a former goaltender at Robert Morris University and Clarkson University. During his senior year at Clarkson, Marotte had a .938 save percentage and a 1.78 goals-against average. The 6’1” goalie went 23-8-3 during the 2019-20 season.”

New York Islanders Make Depth Signing, Ink Goaltender Francis Marotte to Deal

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
thumb_any-of-you-guys-call-me-francis-and-ill-kill-50404479.png

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We got nothing after Sorokin. We have nothing in the pipeline for goalies now...

I say we trade for Spencer Knight or something. This game is going the two goalie route anyway.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
25 year old.. graduated college last year? Late bloomer? Good college stats last year. Anyone know anything about him?
Definitely seems to be a bit of a late bloomers though I do wonder if he'd been in a better program if his progression would've been more linear instead of taking a bit of a dip in his soph and jr years. But he had a great senior year and seems well seasoned, so i am guessing he is likely ready for AHL duty.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
25 year old.. graduated college last year? Late bloomer? Good college stats last year. Anyone know anything about him?

Reminds me of BYU sending out football players for two-year mormon missions before the returned to play college football, some with additional redshirt years as well.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
That deal is likely an ATO deal actually based on the verbiage of “Islanders organization” and the Instagram post has an AHL logo, moved thread.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Bridgeport needs another goalie for sure - possibly Garrett Sparks or Scott Darling?

I mentioned this on another thread- signing a another D for taxi squad would allow B port to run with
Helgeson Wilde
Bolduc Hutton
Worherspoon Vande Sompel

as the starting 6.

I would also consider Perlini on a two way deal and say Wahlstrom makes the team -

Bellows Koivula Holmstrom
Perlini Bobo Ho-Sang
Greer Bardreau Fritz
Jobst Kubiak Durandeau

x - Jenkins Bibeau Coskey

am I missing someone?

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Bridgeport needs another goalie for sure - possibly Garrett Sparks or Scott Darling?

I mentioned this on another thread- signing a another D for taxi squad would allow B port to run with
Helgeson Wilde
Bolduc Hutton
Worherspoon Vande Sompel

as the starting 6.

I would also consider Perlini on a two way deal and say Wahlstrom makes the team -

Perlini Bobo Ho-Sang
Greer Bardreau Fritz
Jobst Kubiak Durandeau

am I missing someone?

I was wondering if Terry Broadhurst and Cedric Lacroix are still with the team. They were acquired as the pandemic hit.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Reactions: DarkHorse2

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Helgeson Wilde
Bolduc Hutton
Worherspoon Vande Sompel

as the starting 6.

Perlini Bobo Ho-Sang
Greer Bardreau Fritz
Jobst Kubiak Durandeau

am I missing someone?
Darling has a PTO with the Panthers. I think Sparks already has an AHL contract with a Western team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad