Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2021-22: Playoffs Start May 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Bolduc played with Hutton. I think this is the #1 pairing for the Tigers? Either that or Witherspoon. But it looks like Hutton and Bolduc are the best D men on the team. That's impressive, for a rookie to do even in the AHL. I heard the announcer today mention Trotz compared Wilde to Carlson. But I think he got that mixed up, it was actually Bolduc being compared to Carlson and Hedman.
Hutton’s 25 and he looks pretty comfortable playing with Bolduc as he’s kinda the safety valve of that tandem. They are definitely the #1 pair in BSt and they complement each other very well. They both are mobile, have size, both have very good shots from the point and they’re not defensive liabilities.

I think it was actually Wilde’s junior coach that compared him with Hedman . Trotz compared both Wilde and Bolduc as Carlson-types. Wilde’s got some raw skill that for sure.

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
Bolduc played with Hutton. I think this is the #1 pairing for the Tigers? Either that or Witherspoon. But it looks like Hutton and Bolduc are the best D men on the team. That's impressive, for a rookie to do even in the AHL. I heard the announcer today mention Trotz compared Wilde to Carlson. But I think he got that mixed up, it was actually Bolduc being compared to Carlson and Hedman.
Bolduc plays on the PP and the PK. It's impressive that the coaching staff trusts a rookie in all situations. I wish you could see TOI on AHL players. Doesn't seem to be any info on that.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
For those who watch the BST games we are hearing good news about Bolduc and this is extremely encouraging, but what's going on with Wilde ?
His injury stalled his development some, but he was a highly thought of prospect with offensive talent what are you seeing there.
And is he in the lineup nightly or is he being plugged in now and then?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
For those who watch the BST games we are hearing good news about Bolduc and this is extremely encouraging, but what's going on with Wilde ?
His injury stalled his development some, but he was a highly thought of prospect with offensive talent what are you seeing there.
And is he in the lineup nightly or is he being plugged in now and then?
Bode Wilde has played in 4 of BST's 5 games. He has not shined offensively as Bolduc has. But I think Wilde has been fine overall. I think the important thing with young defensemen like Wilde and Bolduc is that they play mistake-free games. If they chip in offensively, so much the better. Wilde has been on the ice for some of the team's 3rd period meltdowns. That Samuel Bolduc is seeing some power play time is certainly a bonus. I just think that Bode Wilde's development was set back by injuries and the cancellation of the last 2 months of last season. The jury is still out on him, imho.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Bode Wilde has played in 4 of BST's 5 games. He has not shined offensively as Bolduc has. But I think Wilde has been fine overall. I think the important thing with young defensemen like Wilde and Bolduc is that they play mistake-free games. If they chip in offensively, so much the better. Wilde has been on the ice for some of the team's 3rd period meltdowns. That Samuel Bolduc is seeing some power play time is certainly a bonus. I just think that Bode Wilde's development was set back by injuries and the cancellation of the last 2 months of last season. The jury is still out on him, imho.
Thank you.

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad