Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Why do I keep thinking Koivula is a defenceman? drives me nuts. Anyway, I see Bernier is still with us..at least we have some depth.

The way we are signing bottom 6's....what do we do because now there's no room for prospects to come up and if you're Ho-Sang, you gotta be getting pretty frustrated by now.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Why do I keep thinking Koivula is a defenceman? drives me nuts. Anyway, I see Bernier is still with us..at least we have some depth.

The way we are signing bottom 6's....what do we do because now there's no room for prospects to come up and if you're Ho-Sang, you gotta be getting pretty frustrated by now.

Or he can start wondering what it may be like to be gifted a spot in the Senators' line-up?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Both Sislo and Lorito are wonderful additions to the line-up down in the Port.

Bubble guys who'll score at a 60-point pace each season and are still looking to make the show. If Fritz remains on the farm, the team should be a real handful for opponents.

Retaining Helgeson for 2 years is a good thing. Why? Well, he's a bit of a bubble player, but more importantly, it tells me that the team is expecting one of several things:
A) That Aho or Toews will be pushing for a job THIS season
B) One or both could be used as trading chips for a Karlsson/Duchene or whatever.

In any case, I'm liking the make-up of the team and would be in favor of them retaining J. Bailey while they're at it.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Still some good available forwards to add to add to Bridgeport .

Freddie Hamilton
Wayne Simpson
Eric Tangradi
Chase Balisy
Logan Shaw

The market has thinned out, would like to add Balisy the most because he's a center.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Very thin up the middle -

Right now Easnor, St.Denis, and Stevens, and Fritz

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Very thin up the middle -

Right now Easnor, St.Denis, and Stevens, and Fritz

I think Lorito can play center. Fritz is definitely top line center caliber for the AHL. St. Denis is capable of being a no. 2 if he plays like he did last season.

But we need to surround Bellows with talented play makers who can feed him the puck.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Fritz is a first line center. After that it's shaky but I think they like St. Denis as the second line center.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Eansor looked pretty good last year. How many players on the Bridge have two-way contracts?

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Eansor looked pretty good last year. How many players on the Bridge have two-way contracts?

Just about the whole team. Last year it was made up mostly by AHL contracts. So far the only AHL contracts are Hitchcock, MacKinnon and Turcotte. I am sure more will happen for them to stock Worcester.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
When did we sign Rathgeb? I thought Bobo Carpenter deserved a contract as well..why didn't we sign him?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Just about the whole team. Last year it was made up mostly by AHL contracts. So far the only AHL contracts are Hitchcock, MacKinnon and Turcotte. I am sure more will happen for them to stock Worcester.

Is there such thing as 3-way contracts for AHL guys? I mean you can be called up or down at that point. I understand as an NHL full timer, there's a clause in the CBA about placing players in the ECHL, but if you're predominantly an AHLer, you could technically be called up or down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->