Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Looks like an OT loss to the Marlies. Team went 0 -5 on the PP...not sure if it looks as pathetic as the big clubs PP but obviously that played I to the L tonight

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Add to that Beauvillier much like Eberle is too often physically overmatched.
missed the last game, but Beau seems to be winning more battles, lately. staying on his feet more.

his first year or so, he was playing very physical for a guy his size, but it was too much for him, size wise. i think that Trotz is in the midst of getting him to transform his game, tbh. trying to get Beau to utilize HIS strengths better... speed, quickness, agility, smarts. probably still encourages him to take the body, but to do it wisely, efficiently. always a good idea. small guys can... get in the way/smart positioning, lift sticks, take sticks away.

i predict Beau will be one of those guys that struggles with the transition, but will find 'his' game soon, and have a career as a decent top 6'er. valuable, all around player, might even get an A on his chest. maybe even a C. he is inconsistent with his offensive, game for now (IMO), but his defensive game is always solid. kinda like a young Casey, without the size, but with more offensive potential.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
missed the last game, but Beau seems to be winning more battles, lately. staying on his feet more.

his first year or so, he was playing very physical for a guy his size, but it was too much for him, size wise. i think that Trotz is in the midst of getting him to transform his game, tbh. trying to get Beau to utilize HIS strengths better... speed, quickness, agility, smarts. probably still encourages him to take the body, but to do it wisely, efficiently. always a good idea. small guys can... get in the way/smart positioning, lift sticks, take sticks away.

i predict Beau will be one of those guys that struggles with the transition, but will find 'his' game soon, and have a career as a decent top 6'er. valuable, all around player, might even get an A on his chest. maybe even a C. he is inconsistent with his offensive, game for now (IMO), but his defensive game is always solid. kinda like a young Casey, without the size, but with more offensive potential.

I think he’s going to be the shooter version of Bailey. In his prime, a 50 point player who goes through stretches where they look good and bad offensively, but their overall defensive game is fairly consistent.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I’ve seen Koivula play 6 times in person and a handful more on AHL TV. To my untrained eye he’s ready for the NHL. Even only having to converted to center 4 months ago.

Interesting. I disagree with this. I do not think he is nearly a good enough skater yet.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I’ve seen Koivula play 6 times in person and a handful more on AHL TV. To my untrained eye he’s ready for the NHL. Even only having to converted to center 4 months ago.
I have watched every game and about 15 or so in person he is close but needs work in circle and the skating needs to be picked up a notch which he can do in offseason. I’m sure they considered him this time but trust me fritz really is better fit at this moment all things considered. I think if koivula was asked to play wing here he could do it but I think they love him at center and progress he has made and just don’t want that to be set back with struggles at this level.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I have watched every game and about 15 or so in person he is close but needs work in circle and the skating needs to be picked up a notch which he can do in offseason. I’m sure they considered him this time but trust me fritz really is better fit at this moment all things considered. I think if koivula was asked to play wing here he could do it but I think they love him at center and progress he has made and just don’t want that to be set back with struggles at this level.

I agree, from all reports he’s got a good thing going and I think it’s important for his confidence to finish on a high note. If for some reason this team lasts long than Koivula’s in their respective playoff races, I can see them having Koivula coming up and being part of that practice squad crew, “Black Aces” or whatever they call them.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Isles need him desperately at center. We just need anybody who can put the puck in the net. Fritz won’t do that. Fritz will just kill penalties up here and try not to be a net negative.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
BP going to get an injection of youth next year. Golyshev, Wahlstrom, Carpenter added to Aho, Koivula, and Bellows. The farm system is getting stocked and starting to look good.

Reactions: dood

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Bellows may be converting his game to that of a grinder. Lord knows we could use a few more of those :sarcasm:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Love Bellows for this part of his game guy took shot at him in bench and he tried to fight said guy after getting into another fight. He has to get his offensive game back next year but he really plays hard with high effort and energy.

I like that it seems like he has a motor/pulse; his talent will always be there. Just needs to work on his skating and gain some confidence in his scoring.

Long ways to go before labeling him a grinder, bust, etc.

Reactions: dood

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Love Bellows for this part of his game guy took shot at him in bench and he tried to fight said guy after getting into another fight. He has to get his offensive game back next year but he really plays hard with high effort and energy.

I think he knows that he’s got to bring Martin-esque intangibles at the NHL level to successfully make it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think he knows that he’s got to bring Martin-esque intangibles at the NHL level to successfully make it.

This is an odd thing to say. Martin never had 1/10 of the skill or shot that Bellows has.

Remember the few times Okposo would play like a bull in a china shop and still add offense? I think that’s a better comparison. Bellows does not have to be a fighter to make it.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
This is an odd thing to say. Martin never had 1/10 of the skill or shot that Bellows has.

Remember the few times Okposo would play like a bull in a china shop and still add offense? I think that’s a better comparison. Bellows does not have to be a fighter to make it.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bellows have grit and a willingness to mix it up when necessary? I don't think this is anything new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->