Brian Wilde Said On TSN Radio

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I heard him as well.

He also said that we can 'build a cup' around our current crop of prospects from the last 2 drafts. The same prospects that havn't played a game in the NHL and are sitting in last in the AHL sporting a 4 game losing streak.

adaboost

Aug 15, 2012
I heard him as well.

He also said that we can 'build a cup' around our current crop of prospects from the last 2 drafts. The same prospects that havn't played a game in the NHL and are sitting in last in the AHL sporting a 4 game losing streak.

In what universe are they on a 4 game losing streak? And you're upset that players drafted 2 years ago didn't play in the NHL their first year after being drafted? I'm not as high on our prospects as most, but your standards might be a bit skewed..

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Renaud Lavoie is one of the worst Montreal sports journalists, in my opinion.

Corrected. Doesn't help that I HATE people who answer their phones/text while on TV... he shows no professionalism at all.

In fact, I'm starting to REALLY dislike the whole RDS crew. As much as I was against TVA sports... I'm thinking of switching my subscription if hockey doesn't come back. The 2 clowns on the "5 à 7" are a disgrace to TV.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Shows how much of a liar Wilde is..

Grant Mckegg(sp), former habs scout who posts on here, said it was one of the scouts that pushed Timmins on Fischer.

Thread and potential "gauthier hate circlejerk" ruined in first reply.

Gauthier helped this team reach heights this team never was able to reach before. He should be tanked for Galchenyuk since we don't likely get #3 pick in a draft without him.

He should be thanked for a lot of things, Bergevin will be enjoying his moves for years and will probably get the credit for them aswell. Instead he is the goat and constantly blamed for the meanderings of his ex boss.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He should be thanked for a lot of things, Bergevin will be enjoying his moves for years and will probably get the credit for them aswell. Instead he is the goat and constantly blamed for the meanderings of his ex boss.

Yup, Bergevin will like take a lot of the credit from the success gained from Galchenyuk. Wish this season gets underway so the team can potentially get another top pick with this lineup which is pretty much the same as what Gauthier had. Lockout would put it all to waste, especially his signature Flames 2nd.

Last edited:

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Corrected. Doesn't help that I HATE people who answer their phones/text while on TV... he shows no professionalism at all.

In fact, I'm starting to REALLY dislike the whole RDS crew. As much as I was against TVA sports... I'm thinking of switching my subscription if hockey doesn't come back. The 2 clowns on the "5 à 7" are a disgrace to TV.

You have the right to your opinion too. I don't watch '5 a 7' or wtv, I follow him on twitter and he's always got great info. I don't care if he's on his phone while on tv, :laugh:, actually I probably want him to be, seeing as he's most likely tweeting the info I'm looking for!

Also, you should probably refrain from "correcting" posts with "imo" written in them, as I wouldn't want someone to wrongfully assume that is my actual opinion! :)

Habsterix*

For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Brian Wilde and if he said that (I didn't hear him say it), it's because he had a reason to say it. There are always two sides to a story...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Brian Wilde and if he said that (I didn't hear him say it), it's because he had a reason to say it. There are always two sides to a story...

i like Brian Wilde too. regardless of what people think of his comments today. ..competent reporter, never talks out of his ass

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal
I heard him too. He did not said this actually happened it was more of a rhetorical exercise. Something like "imagine that could have happened".

He was angry at Gauthier and he did say that Bergevin gave Timmins total freedom - the "Dman vs Giroux" was just a figure of speech, an example.

The recording should be available somewhere on their site.

Zathronas

Aug 10, 2012
Montreal
I heard him as well.

wow! :shakehead hmmm... let's see

5 of the 6 defensemens are recruits, never mind the fowards. In a year where the AHL is stacked with the lockout. and because the bulldogs are losing our recruits are crap? Your see hockey like a man with one eye. No depth perception.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
In what universe are they on a 4 game losing streak? And you're upset that players drafted 2 years ago didn't play in the NHL their first year after being drafted? I'm not as high on our prospects as most, but your standards might be a bit skewed..

HIS standards are a bit skewed.

I think our prospects are good but how can someone possibly know this is a future cup team this early?

I messed up on the record. It's been W-L-W-L.

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006

I've already unsubscribed from RDS. They have no interesting content other than the Habs games, which they don't broadcast. Also, I'm hoping enough people unsubscribe from RDS to push Bell to complain to the NHL about getting a deal done.

Habsterix*

I heard him too. He did not said this actually happened it was more of a rhetorical exercise. Something like "imagine that could have happened".

He was angry at Gauthier and he did say that Bergevin gave Timmins total freedom - the "Dman vs Giroux" was just a figure of speech, an example.

The recording should be available somewhere on their site.
Well that sure is different from the OP...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
This. Gauthier did a few mistakes but did alot of good things also. There's no black or white in hockey, everyone makes mistakes and hits homeruns. You guys need to stop living in the past, what was done in 2006 is irrelevant since so much was done since then. You just can't say ''add Giroux to this line up and imagine how good we'd be'' because if you add Giroux, maybe Carbo isn't fired yet, maybe we do not draft MaxPac, we certainly can't draft gally. Deal with it seriously lol.

Well if Gauthier did do this then he should be slapped beyond belief because this may have been a turning point for our franchise. Such a talented star and a frenchy to boot? Come on.

It's just that so far it's just at the rumour stage. So there's no truth to it hence irrelevant.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Gauthier left Anaheim the same way he left Montréal. Let's hope Bergevin can win a cup like Burke did. It sucks we didn't draft Giroux, but you can't think like that in life. We wouldn't have Galchenyuk then.

That is probably true, and it gives me comfort. I also suspect that if we had McDo and Saku last year we may have drafted 4th or 5th, or even 8th. This also comforts me.

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa
Regardless of what was actually said on air Brian Wilde is still an idiot, you just need to follow him on twitter to realize this.

niftymove

Jul 13, 2010
Who got the news first is irrelevant.

They all, here and there, copy a tweet from someone else and it is ok since they dont necessarily have the same followers.

AFAIAC Renaud Lavoie is one of the most credible sport newspaperman in the Q medias.

PunkinDrublic*

Who got the news first is irrelevant.

They all, here and there, copy a tweet from someone else and it is ok since they dont necessarily have the same followers.

AFAIAC Renaud Lavoie is one of the most credible sport newspaperman in the Q medias.

Sorry to burst your bubble but according to a certain former NHL player, you are so far off reality it isn't even funny.

Myron Gaines*

Renaud Lavoie thinks he's Bob McKenzie and holds his cellphone in his hand on TV. He always goes personal with players he knows while interviewing them, as to brag about knowing them on a personal level. Lately, has been making strange fashion statements on TV, 'cause he's in NY, *****. He acts like a complete d-bag when he knows stuff other people don't know. Bragged that Bill Daly texted him some information.

He's full of himself. But, he's possibly the most reliable sports journalist in Quebec. Renauld Lavoie will always break the news to the french speaking population, and very accurately. He won't change or twist someone's words to create an agenda, that's not him.

I think Lavoie wants RDS to be TSN, but his cockiness and the fact that he's on RDS, makes him look like a clown sometimes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd love to bash Gauthier everytime I can but I can't this time. Just read Greg's post. While Timmins liked Giroux he also had some reservations about him as well from ability to be that dominant in a higher league to foot speed. But let say Fischer isn't there when we talk, despite the reservations, I have no doubt that Giroux would have had the greatest of consideration from Timmins. No need to crap on Gauthier....there's plenty of other reasons to do so. But that one isn't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->