Waived: Brian Strait (Claimed by NY Islanders)

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
Lots of other people are going to be on waivers too and the Islanders roster has to be near full. But I dont like it, would rather have just done away with Lovejoy(sorry Rev).

We'll see hopefully he clears. (Mike Yeo keep your mouth shut plz)

Despres Letang
Martin Orpik
Niskanen Engelland
Lovejoy Bortuzzo

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Lots of other people are going to be on waivers too and the Islanders roster has to be near full. But I dont like it, would rather have just done away with Lovejoy(sorry Rev).

We'll see hopefully he clears. (Mike Yeo keep your mouth shut plz)

Despres Letang
Martin Orpik
Niskanen Engelland
Lovejoy Bortuzzo

While i think Despres should be on the team I just dont like him playing top pairing minutes just yet. Dont think he is ready for that

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Christ. I bet he tried to trade him now, but the market are very weak right now. Ray should have traded Strait much earlier, draft or during the summer imo. Now well lose him for nothing

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
While i think Despres should be on the team I just dont like him playing top pairing minutes just yet. Dont think he is ready for that

Seems to be what they like. Even though he'll make mistakes if playing him with Letang gets him ready for the post season and isnt killing us I say do it.

Otherwise I guess itd be:
Niskanen Letang
Martin Orpik
Despres Engelland
Bortuzzo
Lovejoy

???
I like starting with the first option.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Lovejoy proved he could be an effective 7th defenseman. Strait proved nothing. I don't get why you guys say it is a risky move. Strait isn't even that good. Too bad if we lose him, but you don't need him.

We have prospects like Desprès, Morrow, Dumonlin, Pouliot, Harrington and Morrow. We can sacrifice a "at-best-2nd-pairing guy" and not worry about it.

Letang
Orpik
Martin
Niskanen
Engelland
Desprès
Bortozzo
Lovejoy
Morrow

We have 9 guys who can play in the NHL. Sure, our top 4 isn't the best, but Strait wouldn't change anything in that regard. We need to trade for a top 4 d, not worry about some middle of the road prospect.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I didnt think Despres should of made the team yet but the one big positive with him is hes a big upgrade to 2nd pp unit on the point over martin

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Bad asset management, in terms of possibly losing Strait for nothing. Even worse, though, bad talent evaluation.

Strait > Lovejoy. Geesus. It's BECAUSE Lovejoy played in the NHL that he'd be more likely to clear waivers. We've all seen what he could do. He's the epitome of meh. Strait has more game, and everybody saw that in the Philly series.

Dumb dumb dumb.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
I almost died of not surprise.

Good (not great) prospects get waived by every team, it's a numbers game. I don't think he'll get claimed though.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
This sucks, even more if he would be picked up by a team like the Islanders in our own division

Lovejoy is the one that should have been waived

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Too much belief that Strait is a NHL talent. Looks more like a marginal AHL player and the Pens have been putting far too many of them in the NHL lineup over the last 3 seasons.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Bad asset management, in terms of possibly losing Strait for nothing. Even worse, though, bad talent evaluation.

Strait > Lovejoy. Geesus. It's BECAUSE Lovejoy played in the NHL that he'd be more likely to clear waivers. We've all seen what he could do. He's the epitome of meh. Strait has more game, and everybody saw that in the Philly series.

Dumb dumb dumb.
Ya I don't like it either but they must feel that they can trade Lovejoy if teams start to see injuries. I really doubt they will resign him next season. I just don't think they will go with 8 D very long.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
If i'm not mistaking if a team picks him up they have to keep him in the NHL right? They're not allowed sending him right back down to the AHL correct? If so maybe teams pass

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hope he gets claimed. I thought he should stay instead of Lovejoy, but I want to see Strait play for a team. He's a legit #6. Won't be crying if he gets claimed at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->