Brian McGrattan's Top Five Fighters

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I was filling up my car at Esso Saturday night and Big Ern rolls up beside me in his sick white Range Rover. He is absolutely massive!

I was pretty star struck cause he's one of my favorite flames so when he got out I was just starring at him with this god awful goofy grin on my face. He kinda shot me a smirk.

After I paid, I said to him something like "Hey Brian, you had a great season this year, really loved watching you!" he just gave a 'Thanks man' and went on his way, but it was pretty genuine. Nice guy for sure.

I feel like he can play in this league and hopefully on this team for another 3-4 years. 5 minutes a game isn't incredibly taxing on the body so if he can stay away from any concussions, he should remain a part of this rebuild for a while. He get's an A on his jersey and I'd pick one up (though I doubt he will).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As much as Ern deserves an A, I wouldn't give him one. It's best to give them to guys that are on the ice alot as they are supposed to be the only guys debating calls with the officials.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
As much as Ern deserves an A, I wouldn't give him one. It's best to give them to guys that are on the ice alot as they are supposed to be the only guys debating calls with the officials.
Jared Boll wears one in Columbus, though I'd argue he's a better HOCKEY player, they are playing the same role. Pretty sure Dorsett wears the A on the Rangers as well. Because they earned the respect from their teammates and they look up to them.

And really, how often does "debating calls with the officials" actually work?

If Cammy is not back next year, rotate the As between Backlund, Glencross, and Big Ern

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'd love Grats as the call-debater with refs. How long do you think a ref could last trying to explain himself while McGrattan just stands there shooting him one of these:

Brian-McGrattan-by-Sergei-Belski.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jared Boll wears one in Columbus, though I'd argue he's a better HOCKEY player, they are playing the same role. Pretty sure Dorsett wears the A on the Rangers as well. Because they earned the respect from their teammates and they look up to them.

And really, how often does "debating calls with the officials" actually work?

If Cammy is not back next year, rotate the As between Backlund, Glencross, and Big Ern
the As should be Stajan, Glencross and Backlund

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I was filling up my car at Esso Saturday night and Big Ern rolls up beside me in his sick white Range Rover. He is absolutely massive!

I was pretty star struck cause he's one of my favorite flames so when he got out I was just starring at him with this god awful goofy grin on my face. He kinda shot me a smirk.

After I paid, I said to him something like "Hey Brian, you had a great season this year, really loved watching you!" he just gave a 'Thanks man' and went on his way, but it was pretty genuine. Nice guy for sure.

Good stuff.

I met him at the National on 10th a couple months ago and he was all class. Very laid back, soft-spoken dude. And yeah, he's a big boy. His handshake could almost rival Ken King's.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
He needs to work on his neutral zone clappers this offseason! Double that goal total come on Big Ern!!!:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad