Brian Little

CapitalGoodie

Over the last month, I'd be hard pressed to name a player in the CHL that has been better than Little. I've watched most of Colts/Pete's series in person, same for the Colts/Batallion series, and Little has been out-standing.

He's 100% more committed to playing every area of the game than he was 8 months ago, and he may have the best set of hands in the entire draft. He really became a true leader over the course of this season. It'll be interesting to see if his play in the OHL playoffs will be enough to get him some looks in the top 5 of the draft. Probably not, but I doubt guys like Sheppard etc., will have much of a shot at being taken before Little anymore. He's really been that good over the past month.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
CapitalGoodie said:
Over the last month, I'd be hard pressed to name a player in the CHL that has been better than Little. I've watched most of Colts/Pete's series in person, same for the Colts/Batallion series, and Little has been out-standing.

He's 100% more committed to playing every area of the game than he was 8 months ago, and he may have the best set of hands in the entire draft. He really became a true leader over the course of this season. It'll be interesting to see if his play in the OHL playoffs will be enough to get him some looks in the top 5 of the draft. Probably not, but I doubt guys like Sheppard etc., will have much of a shot at being taken before Little anymore. He's really been that good over the past month.
Has the injury he got in the end of the regular seson affected his play? Or was it just a minor injury?

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Blind Gardien said:
I don't think you could say 2nd line is "best case" for him. Clearly he could be a 1st liner. But because it comes with conditions (can he pick up his speed? will he continue to overcome the size disadvantage?) not many are going to come right out and predict it. Certainly there have been guys who have done just as much and looked just as good in the OHL who never even made it to the NHL. There is still a development curve to climb. I'm in the camp that believes Little will always find a way to keep climbing on that curve.

But he's also a strong character player and determined guy, so there's always a possibility that at some point he'll find a coach or a situation where he gets called on to really bend his game in a different direction, and if he does, he could end up being a smart and capable two-way type player too, a Peca or Drury type. I wouldn't say that's likely. But at least he has that potential versatility somewhere in the spectrum of his potential, along with the possibility that he becomes a 1st or 2nd line offensive type.
:dunno:

Thank you, that really helps. Thank you as well MaDdY. I guess I worded myself wrong, what I should have asked is if 2nd line is a more realistic scenario, obviously the best case would him being a 1st liner. I apologize for the confusion in my post. He does seem like a guy the Canucks would be blessed to have if he's able to develop to his full potential.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Has the injury he got in the end of the regular seson affected his play? Or was it just a minor injury?
Doesn't seem to have. Which is amazing, because I watched that game against the Majors, and you'd have thought from the way he went into the boards and was hauled off on the stretcher that he wouldn't be back for the playoffs at all. But he came right back, didn't miss a beat. He seems to be a really durable guy, he goes into all the danger zones, he takes a beating and never seems to get hurt. Which maybe helps compensate for his size somewhat, in lieu of having the speed element.

Popcorn_Shrimp*

i am curious as to why alot of people who make up mock draft lists have him falling so low??
ive heard him going like 6 or 7th ...then 14-19..
whats going on

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Jovofan said:
Thank you, that really helps. Thank you as well MaDdY. I guess I worded myself wrong, what I should have asked is if 2nd line is a more realistic scenario, obviously the best case would him being a 1st liner. I apologize for the confusion in my post. He does seem like a guy the Canucks would be blessed to have if he's able to develop to his full potential.

No problem man. I doubt he slips past the Leafs though. ;)

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
CapitalGoodie said:

:clap: :cheers: :thumbu:

I was basically going to write the same thing. He's been the most exciting player in each series he's been in.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Little is a sleeper waiting to happen. Since every one has him out of the top 5, teams drafting there on can't afford to pass him up. With all the jockeying that could be made I think the depth of the draft is not as low as we are led to believe. ;)
He will never slip low enough to be a sleeper if I can correct myself! :biglaugh:

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I'm wondering, if you had to choose between Little and Tlusty, who would you pick and why? I'm asking from a Toronto point of view.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think Little's stock has really improved over the past few months, so unless onecan see him play regularly, one might give him a lower ranking than he deserves.

I could see San Jose moving up in the draft to nab him. He is there kind of player.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Caesium said:
I'm wondering, if you had to choose between Little and Tlusty, who would you pick and why? I'm asking from a Toronto point of view.
I guess it's probably safer to pick Tlusty. His profile is a bit more cut and dried, a poster boy for his brand of Havlatish prospect. Hard to see any real downside to him. And with Wellwood and Earl's names perhaps already pencilled into my longterm blueprint, maybe the size issue would give additional pause for thought. But that said, I'm still a big Little fan, and even if he doesn't fit into the nice tidy traditional scouting box that some people would like, I'd go with the him as the local boy, trust his intangibles, and cross my fingers that he pans out to be as good or better than Tlusty. It'd be worth the gamble, IMHO. Some teams gamble, some play it by the books. Tlusty by the books, Little on the gamble. :dunno:

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Blind Gardien said:
I guess it's probably safer to pick Tlusty. His profile is a bit more cut and dried, a poster boy for his brand of Havlatish prospect. Hard to see any real downside to him. And with Wellwood and Earl's names perhaps already pencilled into my longterm blueprint, maybe the size issue would give additional pause for thought. But that said, I'm still a big Little fan, and even if he doesn't fit into the nice tidy traditional scouting box that some people would like, I'd go with the him as the local boy, trust his intangibles, and cross my fingers that he pans out to be as good or better than Tlusty. It'd be worth the gamble, IMHO. Some teams gamble, some play it by the books. Tlusty by the books, Little on the gamble. :dunno:

IMO Tlusty could be a real steal. I've heard varying stuff on him, from being very dynamic and offensively skilled to being a very good two way forward, which naturally brings up comparisons with Havlat.
I'd actually say Tlusty is more of a gamble than Little. I am not very high in Little, and i personally just can't not see him ever developing into a star/impact player but he is a fiarly safe pick. Its not really a gamble taking Little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->