Brian Little moving forward

What should the Jets do with Brian Little?

• Total voters

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Pissed off 40 goal Laine might cost even more but the odds are he won't. Not by a long shot.

Besides, Laine does not know the reasons behind anyone's deployment. The management does not owe anyone any explanations. They can just say some reason like they are saving him for the playoffs and they will have a somewhat happy 40 goal Laine.

We talking huge stacks of money here and the future decade of this franchise.
That's absolute nonsense. I promise, no matter what my job is, if you're my boss and you treat me like that, I'm out. Not only will I not work for you, I'm gonna make it my secondary mission in life to do everything I can to stand in between you and your success.
You don't seem to realize you're talking about a human being. One who is young, proud and legitimately wants to be the best hockey player in the world. He probably won't be, but if that's because the coach won't let him, you better believe it will very quickly come down to a choice between keeping Laine or Maurice. And for what? To keep Kulikov for 1 more season?
As a person who owns a business that employs people, I sincerely hope you don't.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
In general I think the Jets will have to walk a fine line. Mark and Blake are the main guys and rightfully so but I am almost certain Laine, Connor, Ehlers, Trouba ect. see themselves as go to guys and will demand a larger role regardless of what the coach thinks. If they don't get it in WPG they would likely be offered it on plenty of other teams. Balanced TOI next season is going to be crucial imo. Young people don't have patience and it would suck to loose great players because their ego was hurt and they feel undervalued.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
That's absolute nonsense. I promise, no matter what my job is, if you're my boss and you treat me like that, I'm out. Not only will I not work for you, I'm gonna make it my secondary mission in life to do everything I can to stand in between you and your success.
You don't seem to realize you're talking about a human being. One who is young, proud and legitimately wants to be the best hockey player in the world. He probably won't be, but if that's because the coach won't let him, you better believe it will very quickly come down to a choice between keeping Laine or Maurice. And for what? To keep Kulikov for 1 more season?
As a person who owns a business that employs people, I sincerely hope you don't.

So just don't tell your employee you are doing that. Problem solved.

Besides, whatever they are doing, it is for the good of the team. I don't think there will be a problem in any case, everyone knows the tight cap situation the Jets are in, and everyone wants the same thing, the Stanley Cup.

But again, I don't actually KNOW anything so just give it a rest now please.

Last edited:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
"Mom! Dad! Make the internet stop disagreeing with me!" -you.

You cut Laine's ice time and take him off the power play (how else are you going to limit his production?) and you think he won't know why you're doing it?

You pay people what they're worth if you want to keep them. If Laine is 10% of the team's success, pay him 10% of the cap.

On a personal note, if you don't like being argued with you could consider taking a more flexible position and be more open to changing your point of view. Or you could simply not share your opinion, thus taking away the opportunity for people to annoy you by pointing out the flaws they perceive in your reasoning.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Corsica isn’t kind to Little, check out his ranking (91st best centre):

449B4559-F4AC-407E-8891-86D2B7A66660.png

Reactions: Nate070

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Maybe I'm not doing the 'rithmatic right, but doesn't coming in at #91 make Little damn near a 4th line center?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
For what it's worth, I counted 21 wingers listed as centers above Little. Furthermore, it didn't seem to take into account guys who only played a handful of games as opposed to a full season. Another 4 players of that ilk were listed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->