Brian Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Can anyone give me any info on the kid that was picked by the Senators.

What kind of game does he play? What is his potential? When will he be ready?

Muckler said that he can be a top 4 defenseman within 2 years and I thought that was a little generous.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think it was a good pick. I like Lee a lot...and he got the shaft for being "the guy that got picked over Jack Johnson for the WJC team." You guys will like him...and I like him more than Bourdon, personally.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
TheCoach said:

Muckler said that he can be a top 4 defenseman within 2 years and I thought that was a little generous.

For me the kid went a bit too high. I think there were better players out there for Ottawa and they definitely did not select the best player available.

I was almost laughing at John Muckler's answer to the guy from TSN, when asked why they selected Lee. Muckler says, 'well in a year or two we could be in trouble w/Redden and Chara becoming unrestricted free agents, etc. We will need Lee to step into the top 4'. Too funny, obviously they were looking ahead to fill some holes which they should not be doing now with the how the game has changed. As for the guy playing in the NHL in two years, well, he didn't even get a shift at the WJC's this year so I would guess he has some work to do!

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
TheCoach said:

Lee is an offensive defenseman that is great at picking out his passes and rushing the puck up ice, with his good speed. His potential would be I think a future NHL all star in about 25 years. And I would say give him 2 years in college and he won't have any problems.

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
crosby_87 said:
Lee is an offensive defenseman that is great at picking out his passes and rushing the puck up ice, with his good speed. His potential would be I think a future NHL all star in about 25 years. And I would say give him 2 years in college and he won't have any problems.

25 years?

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
It was hilarious when he was interviewed during the nhl network's/tsn.ca's extended broadcast of the draft and said he tries to play like Brian Leetch

shoyen

Feb 11, 2003
St. Albert, Alberta
Visit site
bcrt2000 said:
It was hilarious when he was interviewed during the nhl network's/tsn.ca's extended broadcast of the draft and said he tries to play like Brian Leetch

the fact that he said he tries to play like leetch wasnt funny, it was the reporters reaction that was funny yet kind of rude. The reporter just started laughing at the comparison

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Apparently the Sens had Lee ranked 4th for this draft. 4th! They're obviously really high on him, as they have him ranked higher than at least 2 of Ryan, Johnson, Pouliot, and Brule. I'm assuming Crosby was their 1st ranked (duhhh) and I think Price was 2nd or 3rd on their list. I wonder who the other top 4 was?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
fisher said:
Apparently the Sens had Lee ranked 4th for this draft. 4th! They're obviously really high on him, as they have him ranked higher than at least 2 of Ryan, Johnson, Pouliot, and Brule. I'm assuming Crosby was their 1st ranked (duhhh) and I think Price was 2nd or 3rd on their list. I wonder who the other top 4 was?
They obviously are pretty high on the guy and I can't help but trust the Sens scouting staff on this one.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Lee reminds me exactly of Paul Martin. Smart very O minded. A little on the slim side but they get the job done with their head and know how to use their bodies. With Lee, Oshie, Nikkasen, last year Wheeler. MN HS is being looked at a little more now. So teams do not miss out on Martins. Because the level of play in MN HS is not great all around but talented players do get missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad