Brian Lee v. Bobby Sanguinetti

serum114

Mar 1, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Hello all,

This may seem like an odd comparison, as they are different types of player and were drafted a year apart, however I was hoping those who have watched both could offer feedback.

Lee seems to have stalled in his development, not really stepping up at UND with guys like Chorney, Bina and Golgoski (sp?) getting more praise from some than I would expect. However, many Sens fans still see him in the plans in the not-too-distant future.

On the other side, Sanguinetti was a later first rounder in his year, but has had success in limited action in Hartford and looks to have NHL caliber offensive skills.

Given the choice right now, who would you rather have? Why would you prefer that player to the other?

Thanks in advance,

serum114

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I haven't seen Lee but being an Attack season ticket holder Sanguinetti's draft year success was largely due to Andrej Sekera, who won the Max Kaminsky award in 05-06 and anchored Rochester's blueline this year... He started out his tenure without Rej well enoguh, but then he faded. I've hears good things about Bobby's time with Hartford, and so hopefully he brings it back to Owen Sound but he still has a ways to go to meet his lofty draft day expectations.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Lee.
He's considerably more aware and better positioned in the defensive end.

Yea, he's older then Bobby so does that shouldn't come as a surprise. Bobby has more offensive talent then Lee though.

Lee hasn't really done much in terms of development, and for bobby its still too young to make any assumptions, and to be fair, Lee was projected as a project from the start so its even too early to make any predictions on him as well.

Only fact I can bring up is about Bobby is in the AHL stint this year he was getting 1st pairing minutes in the playoffs because he was impressing the coaching staff so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad