Recalled/Assigned: Brian Lashoff

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
tenor.gif

Brian Lashoff has been in the Red Wings/Griffins organization for over 10 years. Suck on that one.

Undrafted. Outlasted Brendan Smith in the organ-I-zation.

They would have been a great pairing had they panned out.

Last edited:

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
Brian Lashoff has been in the Red Wings/Griffins organization for over 10 years. Suck on that one.
Career AHLer who regularly gets called up in emergency situations. Not bad as hockey careers go, if you can't make the big league on a permanent basis.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Red Wings value loyalty and hard work. Guys like Lashoff and McCollum become valuable mentors for young players. ”If I work hard and do my best, Wings will take care of me”.

Reactions: SirloinUB

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
How many defencemen do we have?

Trade?

With Hronek now on IR, they're down to 6 "healthy" D: Biega, Bowey, Daley, Ericsson, Green and Nemeth.

In order to call up Lashoff under "emergency" it would mean the Red Wings deem (or at least told the league that) one of those guys is questionable for tonight's game.

Given that Daley, Ericsson, Green and Bowey have all been in and out of the line up with a myriad of injuries recently, it probably wasn't hard to get approved...

I'm guessing the recall gives the Wings a spare D while they're on the road tonight, as well as a guy that's close by in case Yzerman moves one of Daley or Green before tonight or Sunday's game. Or a guy they can dress if they want to hold Daley or Green out of the line up to preserve them for a trade.

He's likely back in GR before the deadline so he's eligible for the AHL playoffs. Not that it really matters for a guy like Lashoff, but if he's still on the NHL roster on Monday, he'll have to clear waivers again to go back to GR. I'm not sure if having to waive him on Monday affects their ability to get him back on GR's roster before 3PM that day.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
With Hronek now on IR, they're down to 6 "healthy" D: Biega, Bowey, Daley, Ericsson, Green and Nemeth.

In order to call up Lashoff under "emergency" it would mean the Red Wings deem (or at least told the league that) one of those guys is questionable for tonight's game.

Given that Daley, Ericsson, Green and Bowey have all been in and out of the line up with a myriad of injuries recently, it probably wasn't hard to get approved...

I'm guessing the recall gives the Wings a spare D while they're on the road tonight, as well as a guy that's close by in case Yzerman moves one of Daley or Green before tonight or Sunday's game. Or a guy they can dress if they want to hold Daley or Green out of the line up to preserve them for a trade.

He's likely back in GR before the deadline so he's eligible for the AHL playoffs. Not that it really matters for a guy like Lashoff, but if he's still on the NHL roster on Monday, he'll have to clear waivers again to go back to GR. I'm not sure if having to waive him on Monday affects their ability to get him back on GR's roster before 3PM that day.
I believe the game vs Bruins we had 5 RH defencemen, only one LH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad