Brian Lashoff

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I totally agree smith needs a new partner. He needs someone that can be trusted to cover him when he joins the offense on a rush and that definitely is not Quincey. And I wasn't say lashoff is a better player the smith, he just played his part well.
Its really a bummer Stuart is gone. I think he would suit Smiths style well.

I know I'll get railed for saying this, but that's the kind of game Lashoff brings. Add to that the fact that they've played together previously, and if Babcock gets a wild hair up his ass we might see a Smith/Lashoff pairing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just for the record that is the best game I have seen Lashoff play ever. That includes in the AHL as Babcock eluded to. It was really nice to see. His future is a bottom pair guy that pks.

He is a big mobile guy that has become a much better passer and is getting a little more consistent with his physical game. His improvement this year has been a big deal, because as a guy that watches a lot of Griffins games he was basically the Quincey of that team last year. So while I want to believe he has turned the corner, people should be careful here, this is the first good 40 game stretch he has had since he turned pro with a good first 10 games. Since then he hasn't looked like this guy until this year. The other good thing I can say is he doesn't take a bunch of silly penalties so that is a good trait as well.

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
I know I'll get railed for saying this, but that's the kind of game Lashoff brings. Add to that the fact that they've played together previously, and if Babcock gets a wild hair up his ass we might see a Smith/Lashoff pairing.

I was thinking along the same lines.Its just a little uunnerving having two rookie defensemen on the same line, especially one with one NHL game under his belt and one as prone to making defensive errors as smith, but like you said they have played together in GR which could help.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I still see him as an AHL lifer

but i'm less terrified with the idea of him as an injury call-up now

HTT3*

For fun I thought I'd take a screen shot of what a Brian Lashoff thread looks like. Open the attachment :laugh:

Attachments

• 11a.JPG
    11a.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 25

CloneHakanPlease*

Played better than I thought. Gave some stability. Is it bad that I felt more comfortable with him out there in a 4v3 than I would of Quincy?

:facepalm: LOL, it was a sarcastic comment to the praise one gets after ONE good game, their only NHL game... Its a common problem with every team. Its funny you took me so serious tho.

He got that it was sarcastic. He was more mocking your hilarious overreaction to fans' optimism.

Dechaineux

Oct 29, 2011
Scores one goal,Red Wings fan(s) praise him as if he is the next Nicklas Lidström...One game folks! Why a thread on Lashoff? Did he impress you that much?
:shakehead

I think the OP was rather self explanatory. Nonetheless, the thread purpose wasn't for over-reactionary praise or exaggeration. It was for discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad