Speculation: Brian Elliott

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Please post his career numbers away from St Louis.

That should end this nonsense rather quickly

His 5v5 numbers with Philly have been fine. I won't speak for anywhere else, but here he's A victim of absolutely horrific PK.

Not a superstar by any stretch, but certainly passable numbers.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
Under 2 mill and not counted on to carry the load, I think Eliiott would be a good fit for a lot of teams. If he didn't have so many injury issues the past couple seasons I would take him back in Philly to be my 2

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
I don't want him back with the Flyers, because of the injury history, combined with Hart being so green. I have to offend him from the idiotic opinions here though. The people that watch him every game say he can still play, and the stats back it up. Take the hot takes somewhere else.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I think after 2 injury riddled years, Elliott is probably done getting starting gigs in the NHL.

That said, I can see him getting a deal similar to what Halak got last summer (2yrs x $2.75M) to go somewhere as #1B or #2 that would be expected to start 25+ games.

Not sure where that would be... Maybe Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus, Colorado, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vegas, Minnesota or Buffalo?

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Please post his career numbers away from St Louis.

So the last 2 seasons in Philadelphia he had a .908 save percentage and 2.77 GAA. As was mentioned before, where he struggled was when the other team was on the powerplay. Philly has one of the worst PK's in the NHL. At 5 on 5 he had save percentage of .923.

Who needs back a 1 million dollar back up?

Everybody.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If he signs for ~2mil, or a 2 year deal for less, I'd be interested from an Oilers perspective.

I like Koskinen, but I don't think he's a goalie you can run into the ground in terms of workload. Elliot on a 1 or 2 year deal gives you a nice bridge to Starrett, Skinner or Wells (whichever, if any, steps up).

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
While I believe Elliott is underrated by a ton here, let's not kid ourselves if we think his 5on5 is a better indication of what he truly is. He's truly in between his good 5on5 stats and his awful non-5on5 stats. He's still a great backup but that's about it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
While I believe Elliott is underrated by a ton here, let's not kid ourselves if we think his 5on5 is a better indication of what he truly is. He's truly in between his good 5on5 stats and his awful non-5on5 stats. He's still a great backup but that's about it.

I don't think anyone tried to say anything differently?

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad