Speculation: Brian Elliott

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oilers could be an option to compete with Koskinen or if he is willing to go for cheap the Leafs could use a better backup.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think the lack of an adequate defence contributed to that.

Sure but thats not getting any better with how their salary structure looks in the forseeable future. If the backup goalie can be improved you do it. Of course Elliott can't make much more than Sparks or Hutchinson right now to fit.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Elliott is crap

His only good years were in St louis sheltered by notoriously goalie friend Hitchcock defensive systems

He's pretty much proved it in his stats in STL vs everywhere else combined

At best a timeshare goalie

Reactions: teddygmr

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Sure but thats not getting any better with how their salary structure looks in the forseeable future. If the backup goalie can be improved you do it. Of course Elliott can't make much more than Sparks or Hutchinson right now to fit.
So Dubas is the reason the Leafs suck. Guy makes poor decisions and can't negotiate contracts.

Reactions: gab6511

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So Dubas is the reason the Leafs suck. Guy makes poor decisions and can't negotiate contracts.

Where did i say that ? The Leafs will be in a capcrunch next year once Marner signs a new contract thats guaranteed with Marleau still on the roster. There's no way the team can afford a premium backup at a normal rate. Those cost 2+ Million a season.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
People just need to be realistic about players.

Elliott had a .907 SV% this year. Not great on paper.
That was 35th in SV% for goalies playing at least 25 games.
He was the 33rd highest paid goalie

Last year:
Elliott had a .909 SV%.
That was 33rd in SV% for goalies playing 25 games
He was the 33rd highest paid goalie

Looking at what he was paid vs where he ranked, the Flyers got what they paid for. Paid him high backup money, got those results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad