Brian Dumoulin appreciation thread

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
What a rock this guy is. This guy deserves more love. He is one of the best defensive dmen in business and Dumo-Letang is one of the best pairs in the league. Getting him in that Staal deal was a godsend, not sure if we have those Cups without him. Also, his 4M contract until 2023 is just fantastic for us, Dumoulin in this NHL easily deserves more than 6M and it will only look better as time goes on and cap raises. What a piece he is for our organization...

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Yep. He is the man. Incredibly solid and responsible in the most unspectacular way possible.. which is exactly what Tanger needs for HIM to shine.

Reactions: radapex

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
giphy.gif

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Like for real. This guy just goes about his business playing the best competition nite in and nite out.

Prime Vlasic like. Except...with Cups.

I was gonna say Vlasic or Seabrook.
Yep. He is the man. Incredibly solid and responsible in the most unspectacular way possible.. which is exactly what Tanger needs for HIM to shine.

Him and Letang are the yin and yang. Polar opposites but together they keep everything afloat.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He generally has his ups and downs during the regular season but always steady in the playoffs.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Seven years ago If you’d told me Dumoulin was gonna be the best player this team got back in the Staal trade I’d have told you to put down the pipe.

Immensely important to both cup wins.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
#2* with Kris Letang.

Dumo is essentially Hjarmalsson.

When Dumo puts up a 30+ season we can start comparing him to Vlasic or Seabrook. Let’s see him get to 20 maybe.

No reason to overrate what Dumo does. He’s a great # 3.

Anchored a top pair with Ron freaking hainsey to a cup.

When it matters Dumo has literally been one of the best Dmen in the league.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
$4mil for a warm body on defense isn't bad these days.

Let alone a warm body that can PLAY defense!

Reactions: radapex and TNT87

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It’s wild that of all those D prospects we amassed 5 or so years ago Dumoulin ended up the best of all of them. He was probably ranked the lowest in terms of upside.

In 14/15 when paired with Chorney in the AHL they were on the ice for only 5 goals against. Same deal when they both were up in the NHL together. Only on the ice for 1 goal against in the 12/13 games they played together (including playoffs).

The next season he was a full time NHL’er

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
What a rock this guy is. This guy deserves more love. He is one of the best defensive dmen in business and Dumo-Letang is one of the best pairs in the league. Getting him in that Staal deal was a godsend, not sure if we have those Cups without him. Also, his 4M contract until 2023 is just fantastic for us, Dumoulin in this NHL easily deserves more than 6M and it will only look better as time goes on and cap raises. What a piece he is for our organization...

Posters (and not just one) proclaimed him a fringe NHL-er before our first cup season, and when he signed his new deal, posters (and not just one) said he was overpaid. Dumo has proven that minority sentiment quite wrong.

He's probably the most under-appreciated guy on the team, but without him, I doubt we win either cup, and we definitely don't win the 2nd one.

Edit, prediction, there will be a thread like this for Pettersson sooner than later

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Posters (and not just one) proclaimed him a fringe NHL-er before our first cup season, and when he signed his new deal, posters (and not just one) said he was overpaid. Dumo has proven that minority sentiment quite wrong.

He's probably the most under-appreciated guy on the team, but without him, I doubt we win either cup, and we definitely don't win the 2nd one.

He’s the Loui Eriksson of this team. People are comparing him to Vlasic and Seabrook.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
He’s the type of player that if he was injured for a significant amount of time people would notice how important he is to the team. He’s a rock.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It’s wild that of all those D prospects we amassed 5 or so years ago Dumoulin ended up the best of all of them. He was probably ranked the lowest in terms of upside.

Shero may have screwed up the Pouliot pick but Dumo and Sutter were big adds when you consider we turned Sutter into Bones.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Remember when there was a group of vocal people here that wanted him traded?

I’m just glad the injury he rushed back from didn’t ruin his season so far. Dumo is a hugely important piece on that Defense.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->