Brian Christopher - Dead at 46

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The night he came out on RAW during the build to Cole vs Lawler and no one knew nor cared who he was, then berated Jerry for five minutes and just walked off was one of the saddest moments on live WWE television.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
RIP Grandmaster Sexay

tumblr_n5h9c2e2dh1saykaxo10_r1_250.gif

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That guy lived life for better or worse. Too bad it ended this way. R.I.P.

Feb 24, 2017
I feel bad for his family and friends that he did this. I also feel bad for him, knowing that he felt like things were so hopeless that he had no other option but to end things this way.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The night he came out on RAW during the build to Cole vs Lawler and no one knew nor cared who he was, then berated Jerry for five minutes and just walked off was one of the saddest moments on live WWE television.

That entire feud was the saddest moment on live WWE television.

Unfortunately, not a surprise.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Last night during Meltzers segment on Sunday Night Main Event with Dan Agnew, Agnew basically said “I met Brian Christopher once for an interview, and that was all I needed to meet him....”

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
– Promoter Dan McDevitt posted the following on Facebook, sharing a story about Brian Christopher’s generosity…

I try only to judge people on how they treated me. One of the first times I ever met “Grandmaster Sexay” Brian Christopher he worked for me in Paw Paw West Virginia, a town seemingy in the middle of no where. The show absolutely bombed and he was fresh off WWE TV and was at the time very over just coming off his run as “Too Cool”. That means his price tag was steep (several thousand dollars). He went to the ring and worked as hard in front of 100 people as he would have if there were 3,000 people in the building. I paid him and shook his hand and thanked him. As we were dealing with the end of the show stuff he walked up and handed me an envelope and it had over half his money in it. He said to me “I have been around this business my whole life, I know you guys lost your ass tonight, take this back and lessen the blow and make it up to me down the road” In 25 years in pro wrestling he is the only star that has ever done that. He had his demons, but that’s how I remember him, how he treated me, as a good kind hearted dude. May he rest in peace and hopefully his father, Jerry Lawler finds peace as well.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I remember that as a kid I rooted for Brian Christopher in the tournament to crown the first Light Heavyweight Champion. He did well to entertain people as part of Too Cool as well. In wrestling terms I'm sure that with a "healthier" lifestyle he could have been a solid mid card heel for a long time. I'm not shocked to hear that this happened, as it seemed like he had a rough go, but it is unfortunate that his life turned out as it did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad