Brian Burke vs. Ray Ferarro online tonight debating both sides (will be archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

As I noted in the other thread, both Brian Burke and Ray Ferarro will be on the radio today debating both sides of this whole mess. It will be interesting based on the developments today of news leaking of the Players plan being rejected.

Here's the live link:
  • www.mojoradio.ca click on "Listen Live" on the upper right.
    It will air at 10:10pm PST (= 1:10am EST, = 7:10am CET).

The show has also been archived, to access the discussion afterwards:
It does spill over into about 15 minutes into a 2nd hour,

• Select "MON DEC 13" under date: and "11pm" under hour and hit "GO".
    Windows Media player will open up.
  • Adjust the scroll on the bottom to "06:00".

Last edited:

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
thanks for the reminder.

Burke just stated that sports is like no other industry. many of the things they do is illegal in any other industry.

lol.

dr

Jazz

DementedReality said:
thanks for the reminder.

Burke just stated that sports is like no other industry. many of the things they do is illegal in any other industry.

lol.

dr

It was an interesting point:

In every other industry, if you drive out all your other competitors, that is the goal. But in this industry, you need healthy competitors for your product to survive.

Jokerit

Aug 18, 2004
Are their servers down? I haven't been able to access the archive tonight, but was able to listen to Burke's previous archive.

Jazz

Jokerit said:
Are their servers down? I haven't been able to access the archive tonight, but was able to listen to Burke's previous archive.
It looks like it unfortunately - weird I don't ever remember this station having this problem - oh well, just try in again in a bit. There were too many point-counterpoints for me to summarize here.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Gurj said:
It looks like it unfortunately - weird I don't ever remember this station having this problem - oh well, just try in again in a bit. There were too many point-counterpoints for me to summarize here.

I can't get it to work.

Who would you say won the debate?

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Shane said:
I'm too tired to listen to it. Just tell me who won the debate. ;)

Why don't you just take a guess who won the debate. Ferraro's point of view isn't as Pejorative Slured as Healy's but Burke still owned him.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
DementedReality said:
thanks for the reminder.

lol.

dr

Really he was just referring to the control of the workforce under CBA deals in professional sports. Owning employees rights for so many years. Sending them to another city on a whim etc. etc. Of course for these inconveniences they are rather well paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad