Speculation: Brian Burke: Pacioretty has not asked for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Weber will add 10-15 more goals by himself (and should help open up space for others on the PP). I think letting Radulov walk was one of the worst moves MB has made, we lost a lot of offense there
Losing Radulov and Markov destroyed the team. Not only on the ice but in the locker room. MB talks about attitood but it's him who broke it.
It's Markov who opened up all the extra goals on the power play.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I'm sure Pacioretty is a good guy, I hope people don't give him **** off the ice for it. He seems like a nice and genuine human.

That being said, we need to trade him while he has good value. His future contract just doesn't fit in with the direction this team should be going in.

Yeah, I agree. He's just a nice polite guy. It's just not in his nature to be aggressive and get after people. He tried a fight to try and spark the team last year but he was uncomfortable with it.

It's unfortunate that we chastise people like him when he doesn't perform the role a lot of emotional fans want.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
With the weber news, just trade him now. It's going to be a **** show when if he comes back in september

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
The
With the weber news, just trade him now. It's going to be a **** show when if he comes back in september

When Bergevin tried at the TDL his asking price was too high, and the return on a rental is low so he tried allowing teams to negotiate for a new contract and Pacioretty is, reportedly, turning down signings if the contract isn't to his liking. Why would teams give up major assets for a player who will be a UFA next season? Why should Pacioretty sign a contract he isn't happy with when he can hold an auction next year? Yes, 2018/2019 is going to be...interesting.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Pacio has to go. But not for anything. Hopefully this doesn't drag for too long. Whenever you're ready Marc...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The

When Bergevin tried at the TDL his asking price was too high, and the return on a rental is low so he tried allowing teams to negotiate for a new contract and Pacioretty is, reportedly, turning down signings if the contract isn't to his liking. Why would teams give up major assets for a player who will be a UFA next season? Why should Pacioretty sign a contract he isn't happy with when he can hold an auction next year? Yes, 2018/2019 is going to be...interesting.

Bergevin should have traded Pacioretty at the deadline for the best available package. MP was then worth a double deadline signing. He could have retained half the salary too.

It's amazing how MB manages to screw up everything.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Canes and Blues were in the bubble playoff team mix. They scored 228 goals and 226 goals. That's 18 more goals vs the Habs. Like I said, if the Habs keep the team in place and we are healthy, we walk into the 2019 draft with a 10-18 range pick. I hope we sell assets for solid futures (Patch, Byron, Petry, Weber) but if we don't, we are not as bad as most people thing. Yeah, we have holes in our roster and no real top 2 centers but I'm also not saying we are finishing in the top 12 either.

It's quite possible we end up with a 5-10 range pick too. But my comment was about if everything goes right for us. In this case, I see us with a 10-18 range pick in the next draft. I don't want this but I can see this happening. I hate middle of the pack strategy
I mean ya...when you're point of measurement is two teams that missed the playoffs, we are not that bad..:facepalm:
And if we take the Sens as a reference, hey, we're actually pretty good..:facepalm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean ya...when you're point of measurement is two teams that missed the playoffs, we are not that bad..:facepalm:
And if we take the Sens as a reference, hey, we're actually pretty good..:facepalm:

Not the point. The point is how bad we are and I don't think we are as bad as you think. Does that mean I think we are a for sure playoff team? No, I'll stop you in your tracks before you jump to conclusions.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not the point. The point is how bad we are and I don't think we are as bad as you think. Does that mean I think we are a for sure playoff team? No, I'll stop you in your tracks before you jump to conclusions.
Not the point?
"We are not that bad"...you used the Blues and canes as comparables who we could be close to. Two teams that missed the POs.
We are a f***ing garbage team, raise your standards for the Love of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad