Speculation: Brian Burke: Pacioretty has not asked for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If I recall correctly, it was suggested that Burke and Treliving didn't see eye to eye about many things.

Not really a surprise. He doesn’t have the personality fit to be a president. He was likely walking all over the GM’s toes. This is the problem I think we’d run into if we ever hired Patrick Roy for the same role here.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
This just in: millionaire with a wife and three kids, with a fourth along the way, buys a house.

Look i can only tell you what i know. the guy loves being the captain of the Montreal canadiens. If you run into him he'll stop and talk to you and you can ask him yourself.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Imo, Patches is the one quality trade chip you use to get a young stud D or center prospect in addition to the 1st. We HAVE to get at least one of those pieces. If not, I’d rather sign him him long term.

Hey, I'm all for getting a blue chip defense or centre prospect. It should be priority number 1, all I'm saying is; I would take Sprong, 1st and 2nd for retained Pacioretty if you can't find a taker for the other.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Guys pacioretty does not want to be traded. It's Bergevin that wants him gone. Pacioretty loves it here. He just bought a million dollar house in Westmount. Why would he buy a million dollar house if he wanted to be traded? Come on guys just common sense. I think that all of the trade talks and rumors really affected his performance this year.

I think he'd be ecstatic if he's traded.

He seems like a really nice person. He cares a LOT too. So of course the situation last year with the team playing horrible affected him. I think mentally it affected his own game a lot. He's captain and feels responsible and couldn't pull it together.

He's a nice guy. I'm sure he wants to make it work here. He'd be thrilled if they have a great season - make the playoffs - who knows even somehow win the cup. He'd be over the top. But being traded to a different city with less pressure would probably make him extremely happy. He'd relish at the chance to start fresh without all the pressure and oversight.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hey, I'm all for getting a blue chip defense or centre prospect. It should be priority number 1, all I'm saying is; I would take Sprong, 1st and 2nd for retained Pacioretty if you can't find a taker for the other.
For that, I’d rather just keep him. He’s better than Sprong will ever be and the late 1st doesn’t have much chance of being better than that.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Look i can only tell you what i know. the guy loves being the captain of the Montreal canadiens. If you run into him he'll stop and talk to you and you can ask him yourself.

As opposed to telling a fan to f*** off and that he hates his life? I guess that’s the least a captain could do.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
From all I've heard, Patches doesn't want to leave the Habs and has never asked to be traded. If the Habs pulled the C off his chest, I think it would be a different story though.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
From all I've heard, Patches doesn't want to leave the Habs and has never asked to be traded. If the Habs pulled the C off his chest, I think it would be a different story though.

I wouldn't mind him staying. He can still be helpful. Would be interesting to see what happens during the summer. Either a trade or an extension could happen at this point.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Was Burke squeezed out of Calgary or did he walk out?

My impression was that they let him walk on his own accord rather than giving him the boot.

But not before he leaked trash about Dougie Hamilton to the press after the trade. "Hamilton likes to visit museums rather than drink with the boys." Melnick more or less confirmed that before they abruptly cut to commercial last week.

If only we had that 'problem' in Montreal. Lmao.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
What comes to mind when I think of Pacioretty's earlier days his shove in the previous MTL/BOS game that lead to Chara almost killing him. Seemed to be having so much more fun back then. Things were looking bright. Good times.

He was fearlessly skating down the lanes at high speed in those days. He played a very strong forecheck back then.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm sure Pacioretty is a good guy, I hope people don't give him shit off the ice for it. He seems like a nice and genuine human.

That being said, we need to trade him while he has good value. His future contract just doesn't fit in with the direction this team should be going in.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He asked for a trade every game he played last year after October. Someone doesn't need to be a psychologist to understand he's done with Montreal.

Reactions: PaulD

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Max+Gallagher

For

2019 1st, RNH

Oilers are instantly much better, we get rebuild pieces, RNH will be flippable in a couple seasons.

MaxPac-McDavid-Gallagher

That's a sick first line.

I don't think there's enough value in that trade, but I like your line of thinking.

I don't think Gallagher's value will be any higher than it is now. There would be plenty of interest in Gallagher.... Just make the catch that pacioretty and his uncertainty goes along with the package.

Now that's a situation that should return some good futures back in the habs direction.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
As bad as that season was, I looked forward to watching Cole and pacioretty together. I think Cole's mentality was rubbing off on patches, and they would just take everything to the net with speed.

As did Radulov.

I think Pacioretty lacks motivation sometimes. He was pretty emotionless before Radulov joined the Habs.. Radulov passion revived Pacioretty and we saw him celebrating his goals with much more emotion.I think he needs someone to look up too cuz he's not that guy. I've never been a big fan of his game despite his great scoring abilities but I think he'd be a pretty good player if a joins a team that has better offensive star/center that he can play "under". He won't necessarily be better by scoring more goals but more implicated and motivated.

I also have a feeling Price had the same problem this last season and I'm not sure if he'd be that much better this upcoming season. The players are not stupid. They know when the team is just not good enough. Losing both Markov and Radulov, a long time vet and arguably our best offensive player last summer probably didn't have a good impact on both Pacioretty and Price. With all the rumors and last season debacle, Price's next contract kicking in, the horrible team that we will have, this next season will probably be even harder for Price and Pacioretty.. if he stays. A lot of people are already hating on them.. next year could be very ugly.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
As did Radulov.

I think Pacioretty lacks motivation sometimes. He was pretty emotionless before Radulov joined the Habs.. Radulov passion revived Pacioretty and we saw him celebrating his goals with much more emotion.I think he needs someone to look up too cuz he's not that guy. I've never been a big fan of his game despite his great scoring abilities but I think he'd be a pretty good player if a joins a team that has better offensive star/center that he can play "under". He won't necessarily be better by scoring more goals but more implicated and motivated.

I also have a feeling Price had the same problem this last season and I'm not sure if he'd be that much better this upcoming season. The players are not stupid. They know when the team is just not good enough. Losing both Markov and Radulov, a long time vet and arguably our best offensive player last summer probably didn't have a good impact on both Pacioretty and Price. With all the rumors and last season debacle, Price's next contract kicking in, the horrible team that we will have, this next season will probably be even harder for Price and Pacioretty.. if he stays. A lot of people are already hating on them.. next year could be very ugly.

Last year, the season was lost about 7 games in.

I don't think motivation will be a problen this year, as these guys don't want to get off to another horrid start which just kills the whole season.

The problem is that the team sucks. Motivation can only take you so far.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Last year, the season was lost about 7 games in.

I don't think motivation will be a problen this year, as these guys don't want to get off to another horrid start which just kills the whole season.

The problem is that the team sucks. Motivation can only take you so far.

I think it was lost in the preseason.. or even in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->