Speculation: Brian Burke: Pacioretty has not asked for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm a bit sad to see how this situation has deteriorated.

The fans now mostly want him gone, but it wasn't always so.

I remember the 2008 development camp. Timmins said that Pacioretty was the most advanced prospect, and everybody was excited. He was projected as a Shayne Corson type of player, who could be counted on to chip in 20-30 goals a year. He had a great pre-season where he got to play with Robert Lang and his childhood idol, Alex Kovalev. Pacioretty was part of the future, of a bright future. He, along with Eller, Pouliot, Cole, etc would be part of a trend of the Habs getting bigger in the top-6.

But it didn't turn out that way unfortunately. Chara almost killed him. Later on, Pacioretty was good for the Habs, but he was expected to be the franchise forward. He's good, but he's not that good and was never going to be. Pacioretty can be the 3rd or 4th best forward on a contender, but not the number 1 forward. He never lived up to that dream, partly because he played with Desharnais and Plekanec rather than Galchenyuk and Eller, and now fans want him gone. He's been a playoff choker in Montreal, but if he goes to a good team and plays on the 2nd line, he might actually do well in the playoffs.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I'm a bit sad to see how this situation has deteriorated.

The fans now mostly want him gone, but it wasn't always so.

I remember the 2008 development camp. Timmins said that Pacioretty was the most advanced prospect, and everybody was excited. He was projected as a Shayne Corson type of player, who could be counted on to chip in 20-30 goals a year. He had a great pre-season where he got to play with Robert Lang and his childhood idol, Alex Kovalev. Pacioretty was part of the future, of a bright future. He, along with Eller, Pouliot, Cole, etc would be part of a trend of the Habs getting bigger in the top-6.

But it didn't turn out that way unfortunately. Chara almost killed him. Later on, Pacioretty was good for the Habs, but he was expected to be the franchise forward. He's good, but he's not that good and was never going to be. Pacioretty can be the 3rd or 4th best forward on a contender, but not the number 1 forward. He never lived up to that dream, partly because he played with Desharnais and Plekanec rather than Galchenyuk and Eller, and now fans want him gone. He's been a playoff choker in Montreal, but if he goes to a good team and plays on the 2nd line, he might actually do well in the playoffs.

I think that Rangers series was the final nail in the coffin for Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Beaulieu. All 3 of them were awful that series, once Pacioretty is traded the purge from that series will be over. Its too bad we lost the best player from that series in Radulov. Last time Markov played for us too.

Pacioretty's a sniper that can pot 30-40 goals on a good team but hes nothing more than that, he doesn't hit, doesn't pass well, isn't a very good pp guy and doesn't win board battles. Hes become so one dimensional. In the playoffs when its harder to score he wilts under the pressure. Just sad he never had a real center to play with. Its almost as if his career went down the toilet once Desharnais was traded haha.

I think he will do well wherever he goes, but it would be benificial to him and the Habs to part ways now.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think that Rangers series was the final nail in the coffin for Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Beaulieu. All 3 of them were awful that series, once Pacioretty is traded the purge from that series will be over. Its too bad we lost the best player from that series in Radulov. Last time Markov played for us too.

Pacioretty's a sniper that can pot 30-40 goals on a good team but hes nothing more than that, he doesn't hit, doesn't pass well, isn't a very good pp guy and doesn't win board battles. Hes become so one dimensional. In the playoffs when its harder to score he wilts under the pressure. Just sad he never had a real center to play with. Its almost as if his career went down the toilet once Desharnais was traded haha.

I think he will do well wherever he goes, but it would be benificial to him and the Habs to part ways now.

I always thought Max and DD had a close relationship. I never saw any rumors or anything but I always got that impression. Max has given DD lots of credit for helping his career and stuck up for the him when he was being trashed even by the Mayor of this city.

It just seems like Max always wanted to play with DD. My tin foil had theory is that it wasn't really MT favoring DD to put him with Max, but rather giving in to Max requests to have DD play with him.

To me it seems more than coincidental that Max looked lost and disinterested the first season that DD is not a hab.

Just my 2 cents with no facts to back it up. Lets just remember that those 2 essentially came up in the habs org together and forged their careers together. DD and Max were doing their thing with Boucher in the AHL and then on the Habs under Martin and Therrien. It must of been like 6/7 years of them being tied at the hip on the ice.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I always thought Max and DD had a close relationship. I never saw any rumors or anything but I always got that impression. Max has given DD lots of credit for helping his career and stuck up for the him when he was being trashed even by the Mayor of this city.

It just seems like Max always wanted to play with DD. My tin foil had theory is that it wasn't really MT favoring DD to put him with Max, but rather giving in to Max requests to have DD play with him.

To me it seems more than coincidental that Max looked lost and disinterested the first season that DD is not a hab.

Just my 2 cents with no facts to back it up. Lets just remember that those 2 essentially came up in the habs org together and forged their careers together. DD and Max were doing their thing with Boucher in the AHL and then on the Habs under Martin and Therrien. It must of been like 6/7 years of them being tied at the hip on the ice.

Pacioretty and DD's chemistry ended way before DD left the team. I'd say DD last 2 years in Montreal there was no more chemistry. They were tried several time together and it just didn't work anymore. The center Pacioretty had the most success with in those 2 years was Galchenyuk.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Pacioretty and DD's chemistry ended way before DD left the team. I'd say DD last 2 years in Montreal there was no more chemistry. They were tried several time together and it just didn't work anymore. The center Pacioretty had the most success with in those 2 years was Galchenyuk.

I agree DD's play went to the dogs, but even in that last season there was a few times when DD went back to Max and to me he seemed happier.

Its not so much who he produced more with, its who I think HE felt more comfortable with and who HE felt was a better compliment to him. Max did have his best 2 seasons with DD, had his break out year with DD, and lit up the AHL with DD. Its all my speculation but to me Max's demeanor seemed different when he wasn't with DD.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Err... What does patches almost being traded have to do with patches not asking to be traded?

It does contradict another rumor that Max and MB had a falling out last Feburary and has wanted a trade since then.

Which rumor is true, we don't know.

But if Max asked for a trade or not, MB is shopping him and almost had him traded 3 times last week.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Err... What does patches almost being traded have to do with patches not asking to be traded?

Oh bullshit , he asked for one , lets stop pretending this is a good captain with amazing behaviors , he wants to leave this shithole.
The only reason why he would say that its because he think Bergevin is dumb enough to give him 8 years 8m. Which its true.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Wouldn't be surprised if Burke gets hired to replace Dudley. He's been tooting Bergevin's horn for a while now.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Was Burke squeezed out of Calgary or did he walk out?

Officially, he stepped down, but who knows what was going on behind the scenes

Burke has been around since the 80s, I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last prominent role.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Was Burke squeezed out of Calgary or did he walk out?

I think he was squeezed out. He blew up that franchise as well. They were getting to the point of contention than they traded away all their picks and have little left prospect wise.

He's absolutely terrible. Made one big trade/draft with the Sedins and he's been riding that for years.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I think it was around 2010, Pacioretty refused to be called up due to the fact that he knew he'd get more playing time in Hamilton. I guess he knew playing on the 4th line of a decent Habs team would not be ideal for his development.

He was definitely right there, I can't help but remember people being incredibly upset and calling his attitude out into question. Funny how 8ish years later there's still drama surrounding him. I guess some players are just meant for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad