Brian Burke ON CKNW at 10:10 PT 1:10 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Burke said they should order Chinese Food and lock the doors, to get something done. He also said both sides don't always appreciate his input.

Crows*

DID anyone else notice this.

But burke sounds like he's been drinking a bit tonight :lol

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Crows said:
DID anyone else notice this.

But burke sounds like he's been drinking a bit tonight :lol

No it not just you, sounds like he has taken advantage of the first class booze on the way home.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Lady Rhian said:
He thinks that there should have been a plan B by the owners.

Burke does think there will be another offer by the NHL..

Bob McKenzie on TSN has said there was no offer (on the site....read his column...) given tonight. I'd expect that there will be another meeting (by Monday) with an offer given officially.

Then again, this is my opinion...and there has to be a reason I'm not a hockey analyst, right? lol

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Burke has been chasing his tail in this conversation. Keeps mentioning it is a dark, bleak hour in the NHL.

He has some sympathy for the fans, though.

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
I agree with the host -- it's very odd that, this late in the game, Bettman isn't involved with the negotiations. Is it possible that the adults simply felt it was productive to have the Ice Weasel in the room?

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Said it was a good idea that Lou was there- that it helps having a hockey guy involved.

He told a caller, that other than the 24 cut back by the players, that both sides have taken a hard stance.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
NJD Jester said:
I agree with the host -- it's very odd that, this late in the game, Bettman isn't involved with the negotiations. Is it possible that the adults simply felt it was productive to have the Ice Weasel in the room?

The Weasel and Fool (sounds like a good pub name) have both been excluded of late. Its a positive sign.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
He mentions Gretzsky and Lemieux prefer not to play any role in this, due to the fact they were stars in the past and are owners now.

He said only 14 players in the league would be affected by the cap.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Talking about a $6m individual cap.

Thinks $6m is plenty for any one player (14 players over $6m), though he doesn't care either way just so long as total expenditure is under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->