Brian Burke on CKNW 980(Vancouver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Gurj said:
Alternative link: www.mojoradio.ca - click on Listen Live on the upper right on either link.

Also Ron MacLean was on earlier as well (they'll rebroadcast it later), and they'll have Dave "Tiger" Williams.

what did ronnie say?

Anthony*

burke is on now talking about moore/bert/etc.

giving a "no comment"

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Ron said that he thinks the players should/should have taken the NHL's offer..

basicly the standard, NHLPA is screwed, what are they thinking stuff..

He said he still supports the principle behind the unions argument, but that he cannot see the PA ever getting a better deal than this..

:lol

Anthony*

burke: "why does bob goodenow need deadlines to make decisions?"

ouch

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
FrenchKheldar said:
Well if you push at the same time on both side of a door, it's not gonna open easily !!! :joker:

thats why the owners had to pull during all of the negotiations :D

SPARTAKUS*

I am not sure about this but I think that the NHL doesn't have to go before a judge to declare impasse. Is that correct?

drbill28

Feb 25, 2003
Pomfret Center, CT
Visit site
The league declares an impasse. You take it before a judge. You have to present you most recent offer for consideration by the PA one last time. If they reject it. The say, ok, the NHL's last proposal is in effect. Then the NHLPA would go on strike and go to the labor board. That's where the fn begins. In a nutshell, that's all that's necessary. Declaring impasse is easy. Getting past the labor board is the hard part.

SPARTAKUS*

mudcrutch79 said:
My understanding is that the owners declare impasse, and throw open the doors. The PA then proceeds with a complaint against the NHL. The legalities roll from there.
And do you know I long it could take from the moment the PA file a complaint to the judge rending a decision?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
drbill28 said:
The league declares an impasse. You take it before a judge. You have to present you most recent offer for consideration by the PA one last time. If they reject it. The say, ok, the NHL's last proposal is in effect. Then the NHLPA would go on strike and go to the labor board. That's where the fn begins. In a nutshell, that's all that's necessary. Declaring impasse is easy. Getting past the labor board is the hard part.

Scenerio (and a likely one): Impasse, NHLPA goes on strike and goes to the labor board. Scabs, more than half the players cross and the union is effectively broken. Does the case before the labor board then remain to potentially bite the owners down the road?

drbill28

Feb 25, 2003
Pomfret Center, CT
Visit site
The players would be crossing a picket line. They wouldn't be welcomed back into the union. They'd then become scabs too. Has no effect on the proceedings except to make someone look bad depending on the circumstances.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
drbill28 said:
The players would be crossing a picket line. They wouldn't be welcomed back into the union. They'd then become scabs too. Has no effect on the proceedings except to make someone look bad depending on the circumstances.

What I am saying is that the strike collapses completely in my scenerio. Half cross first, then all the players cross. Does the case continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->