Speculation: Brian Boyle

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'd like him back on the Preds, IF they can traade Turris or Bonino
I would gladly take him back at $2M AAV for 2 years, and I wouldn't need to trade Turris or Bonino to do it.

But the Preds have had the option on him for longer than anybody, and for whatever reason the fit was deemed not to be there at the outset... so I guess it wouldn't make sense to get too excited with any renewed hope now. :(

For Boyle's own sake I hope he doesn't wait out any RFA dominoes any longer. Camps are opening and there's no guarantee any of those remaining RFA guys are ever going to sign, or that they don't just swallow up their teams' whole remaining cap when they do. Boyle should just move on from any of those situations he might have been waiting on and find a place to play. Like, today.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I prefer him to Hayden as the 13th forward bruiser type, but I don't think it'll happen.

I'd gladly welcome him back to the organization in some capacity. He seemed to really like it in New Jersey.

Reactions: BHD

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hate to bump such an old thread, but has he even gotten a PTO at this point?

I think he might be considering retirement. Still feel he has a lot left in the tank, but at least it's his choice and not forced with an injury. Has to think about his family also.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I think he might be considering retirement. Still feel he has a lot left in the tank, but at least it's his choice and not forced with an injury. Has to think about his family also.
There was an article in The Athletic a couple weeks back that seemed like he was very ready to jump back in. He said most GMs must be tied up in trying to see how the chips would fall with all the RFAs, but now that most are signed, I'm not sure.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There was an article in The Athletic a couple weeks back that seemed like he was very ready to jump back in. He said most GMs must be tied up in trying to see how the chips would fall with all the RFAs, but now that most are signed, I'm not sure.

I mean the season starts next week. So seems something needs to happen soon.

Reactions: Morrison

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
Hate to bump such an old thread, but has he even gotten a PTO at this point?

Nope, which almost makes me think he is waiting on New Jersey or Nashville to move out a body. Any other team would require him to possibly learn a new system or adapt to new players, he could walk in to Nashville or New Jersey and be ready after a few practices so long as he has stayed in shape.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Can't afford him, but would love to see a 4th line of Spezza-Boyle-Gauthier. Pretty sure they'd cover the width of the rink if they stood at the blueline side by side at full wingspan.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Could be he doesn't want 1 year, or the teams offering it are ones he wants to play for, or the money isn't right.

Same with a PTO. Maybe he doesn't want one.

Could also be looking for a NMC/NTC. He’s been traded a couple of time at the deadline and maybe wants to stay put for the entire year. He does have a young family.

He’s not in that PTO class and can still be a good bottom center. So really doesn’t need to try out for anyone to prove he can still play.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He doesnt need a PTO I doubt if anyone questions whether he is still Nhl capable. I'm guessing it's just a matter of finding the right fit. Nashville has too many 4th line/healthy scratch candidates as it is but I would be happy to have him instead of Salomaki or Carr

Reactions: Gh24

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Colorado/Winnipeg don't need him right? They're the only teams left with a high profile RFAs unsigned

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'd like to see the Coyotes give Hayton a slow 9 games and then send him back to juniors and sign Boyle to a contract before American Thanksgiving.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
What if Hayton has 2g and 3a in those 9gp?

Have the balls to send him back anyway and not be short sighted. Sending Domi and Strome back for their D+2 year was the right thing to do. I believe the same with Hayton, even if he starts out hot. If he's really a premium personality, he will understand the decision.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad