Recalled/Assigned: Brian Boucher recalled from ADK

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
They gave a half-arsed efforts all year when we were cheering for them to win. Now that losing will actually benefit the franchise, they have no right to expect us to cheer for them to win.

Losing the last two games is a must, so I'm sure they'll blow that too, and win.

Yeah, I mean I do understand the rationale and logic behind it. I just can't feel it like that. I'm objectiveo try to be when it comes to ref calls or who is outplaying who and stuff, but my desire to see someone win or lose is very subjective and emotional. I just can't watch a 60 min game jumping outta my seat when another team scores on us. I respect that though as a fan to feel this way. I was just surprised to see that it seems the vast majority or I may even be the only one who doesnt want them to lose.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
They gave a half-arsed efforts all year when we were cheering for them to win. Now that losing will actually benefit the franchise, they have no right to expect us to cheer for them to win.

Losing the last two games is a must, so I'm sure they'll blow that too, and win.

You mean a young team is playing better now that the pressure is off? Color me shocked.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
If Boosh was retiring and we were giving him that one last start for O&B, wouldn't he be playing tonight at our last home game?

I guess he's not retiring because Bryz is playing tonight. Maybe he's just a safety net for the end of the season.

RJ8812*

you have to think he's going to retire after the season. he can't play in the NHL anymore

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
If Boosh was retiring and we were giving him that one last start for O&B, wouldn't he be playing tonight at our last home game?

I guess he's not retiring because Bryz is playing tonight. Maybe he's just a safety net for the end of the season.

maybe they let him play the 3rd or something. seeing him back on the ice would be cool assuming he is in fact done after this season.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
maybe they let him play the 3rd or something. seeing him back on the ice would be cool assuming he is in fact done after this season.

Just letting him play in the 3rd would seem kind of petty.

We have nothing to play for. If he was in fact retiring, we should've let him play a full game at home.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Just letting him play in the 3rd would seem kind of petty.

We have nothing to play for. If he was in fact retiring, we should've let him play a full game at home.

i agree 100 percent that if he's retiring they should've let him start but again if he's retiring i would prefer he plays one period on home ice then nothing at all. that's just me though

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
no its not. this team isn't making the playoffs so who cares if they win. its pointless. keep losing and get help in a position we need help in. its common sense to be honest

No it's not. People actually still go to the games and don't want to watch their team lose. I get you want a higher draft position, but if those 4 spots are the determining factor for the future of your team then you have bigger issues to worry about. These are professionals for God's sake, they're not just gonna roll over and die to get a better spot. They're playing for jobs too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No it's not. People actually still go to the games and don't want to watch their team lose. I get you want a higher draft position, but if those 4 spots are the determining factor for the future of your team then you have bigger issues to worry about. These are professionals for God's sake, they're not just gonna roll over and die to get a better spot. They're playing for jobs too.

Tell that to the Edmonton Oilers franchise. :sarcasm:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I'm looking forward to the point when this team is back in playoff contention--if for no other reason than to avoid the annoying, overly moralized debates about whether or not it is acceptable to want your team to drop points down the stretch to improve draft position.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia

Maybe it's Bryz's last home game? :sarcasm:

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney

Don't know about retiring, but I don't really see us resigning him... Just thought it might have been a nice gesture to see him on his way if that was the case given that these remaining games are kinda meaningless.

Echoed. It's disgraceful to be honest.

Why you heff to be med?

Personally, I don't care. A win is always a win and a loss would mean a better draft pick, right? Trying to see the upside of missing the playoffs here! :)

I'm not actually on board with tanking, but I enjoy some of the humour that people here have derived from it!

I'm looking forward to the point when this team is back in playoff contention--if for no other reason than to avoid the annoying, overly moralized debates about whether or not it is acceptable to want your team to drop points down the stretch to improve draft position.

This. A thousand times over.

Yukon Cornelius*

Just got in from work and checked the boxscore...If Boucher is to retire at the end of the season, The organization should take a long ****ing look in the mirror with the way they conducted themselves tonight. Completely unacceptable and not soon forgotten by this long standing fan.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just got in from work and checked the boxscore...If Boucher is to retire at the end of the season, The organization should take a long ****ing look in the mirror with the way they conducted themselves tonight. Completely unacceptable and not soon forgotten by this long standing fan.

They're playing for "pride" man. This is serious business.

RJ8812*

Boucher's a career journey man back-up goalie who had one good season with us. What do you expect the organization do do for him? We've already done more than enough for him at this point in his career (give him a job)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Boucher's a career journey man back-up goalie who had one good season with us. What do you expect the organization do do for him? We've already done more than enough for him at this point in his career (give him a job)

I was just kidding. I could care less about what they do with Boucher. They'll probably end up giving him a job within the organization after this season.

I'm more pissed at the fact these clowns finally decided to show up with 5 games left in the season. It would have been great if they had that "pride" in game 1 of the season.

Cardds*

Um, do you not understand that it might be because the pressure is off already for us to make the playoffs plus AHLers playing to proof themselves? Maybe that's why we've been winning :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad