Recalled/Assigned: Brian Boucher recalled from ADK

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The difference between losing the last two games and winning the last two is something like 9% outcome on the draft, right? So... who the hell cares? Have some pride. I honestly can't understand why you'd root for the team to lose.

I'm actually rooting for the team to win... the draft lottery. :yo:

Yukon Cornelius*

I imagine the Flyers organization is giving Boosh one final opportunity to dress with the Big Club before he retires at the end of the year. Extremely classy and exactly what I've come to expect from the organization.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
If Boucher gets his last career start, I want him to have a W. I don't give a freaking .... about the "tank", the obsession to get up one or 2 spots in the draft is ridiculous. Some ppl here would sell their soul to get probably the same player that they would get, but one spot higher. Knowing this team, they probably have someone in mind that isn't nec. ranked high. See Laughton last year, while Maata was still on the board and everybody here thought we would draft him.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
It could be the difference between picking 8th and picking 12th.

So what? 12th isn't a bad place to draft. Esp. not in this draft. The difference between 8th and 12th will be thin. So many good players out there.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It wouldn't shock me if we see Boosh with the organization in some type of role after he hangs them up.

Our department of player development may be growing in the next couple years. Lappy, possibly Boosh, possibly Briere. Who knows, maybe Timonen becomes head of the European Player Development department.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Our department of player development may be growing in the next couple years. Lappy, possibly Boosh, possibly Briere. Who knows, maybe Timonen becomes head of the European Player Development department.

That's an interesting thought with Timonen. How many European women do you think he can impregnate over the off-season? (Correct answer: all of them)

I like the notion of having Boucher up for a last hurrah and possibly a transition to goalie coach. The only criterion is that he has to go out on the ice in his street clothes and can only wave to the crowd.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
i was all about the tank when the team had like 5 or 6 games left but since they've won a couple and theres only 2 games left i would like them to finish with 2 more wins and above .500 for the yr. as others have said the difference in draft picks won't be that big imo

i really like the idea of giving boosh one last start in the NHL before retirement. he's a great guy and a team player, he really does deserve it.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
So what? 12th isn't a bad place to draft. Esp. not in this draft. The difference between 8th and 12th will be thin. So many good players out there.

And the team playing well for the last 3 games in the season somehow carries over? Sorry, not buying.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I think hiring Timonen as the defensive developmental coach could be one of the best moves this organization could make.

He is exactly what you want in teaching young kids how to play the position.

Defensively responsible, positional sound, good decision making/makes the simple clean play, a team player and a consummate professional on and off the ice.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I want them to get Ristolainen and I don't think he'll fall out of the top 10.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He kept his house in the area when he left for Carolina and has remained there since. So it makes sense if they hired him in some role. What exact role that is I have no idea?

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Would be really classy if he gets the start in the last game. He's a class act himself, so I don't see why he shouldnt.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Does literally every poster on this sub-forum genuinely want to see the flyers lose their remaining games? I can't understand that. Avalanche board is the same. I understand a bit more as they are second last but still. I can't be upset if Boucher were to stand on his head and get a shut-out in his last game because it gave philly a win and points.

I don't know if this makes me stubborn and a selfish fan or what and I would love Nurse or a higher pick but I can't cross my fingers hoping to watch them lose.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Does literally every poster on this sub-forum genuinely want to see the flyers lose their remaining games? I can't understand that. Avalanche board is the same. I understand a bit more as they are second last but still. I can't be upset if Boucher were to stand on his head and get a shut-out in his last game because it gave philly a win and points.

I don't know if this makes me stubborn and a selfish fan or what and I would love Nurse or a higher pick but I can't cross my fingers hoping to watch them lose.

They gave a half-arsed efforts all year when we were cheering for them to win. Now that losing will actually benefit the franchise, they have no right to expect us to cheer for them to win.

Losing the last two games is a must, so I'm sure they'll blow that too, and win.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I do at least understand wanting other basement teams to win tho so we dont go up in the rankings. I just can't imagine the scenario of being at a flyers home game and hearing 20,000 ppl booing when they make a nice play or score and being upset with Mason for trying. I don't know why the live audience seems to want their team to win but ppl on this board want them to lose. Perhaps some don't want to pay for a ticket and root for the visitors. I have no idea. I never was an internet forum user in the past so this whole loving of tanking mentality is new to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad