Brian Boucher Leaves ESPN For TNT

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
So now everyone from the NBC years (save a notable one) has migrated to TNT and none at ESPN.

Can’t really blame Boucher, he probably wasn’t used as expected at ESPN and TNT is a more stable environment with people he has previously worked with.

So ESPN is left with Ferraro and who else in the game analyst side? It is a very weak crew on top of what was already a bad broadcast overall.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
I do wonder if they hire an analyst that also works locally for a team, that person might come cheaper. But more than likely Messier and Weekes will probably shuffle in-between studio and color analyst work.

Reactions: dalewood12

tornadowarning33

Feb 15, 2018
Good. Boucher should be the #1 color analyst for any network. Him being #2 behind Ferraro on top of all the silly studio stuff ESPN had him doing is a waste of his talent.

Reactions: Spydey629

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Wischusen should be the #1 guy at ESPN. He has been the most pleasant surprise of the new contract. I’m just surprised Bouch only had a two-year deal at the Mothership.

Ferraro is a dinosaur, and while I like McDonough as a play-by-play guy, he’s lost a bit on his fastball. He’s good on hockey, but not great.

Reactions: S E P H

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Who could for anything more?

1693642008880.jpeg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ESPN has always been about their people, until they leave of course. They rarely bring in people in from outside their circle. Obvious exception for Monday Night Football, but as usual, the NFL is different, and they tried any number of people.

Boucher had been doing a bit of local work here, I wonder if he adds the full time gig replacing Jonesy at NBC Philly too. I’m half-expecting that to happen.

Reactions: SirJW

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Boucher is straight-up trash, surprised TNT valued him that much. He's such an opposite personality to what TNT is building.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I wonder if Boucher was just let go by ESPN quietly and then TNT added him after that happened. ESPN dumped a ton of on air personnel this summer, and with it being the offseason it's not we'd have even known if they got rid of Boucher and he didn't publicize it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad