Prospect Info: Brett Seney -LW- (157th Overall 2015)

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Biggest issue with Seney earlier on was trying to find the right combo.

To me, Seney, Wood, Coleman, and Hall are all our chaos-causing forwards for different reasons. They're the forwards that make a lot of unorthodox plays with their speed and aggressiveness. You can't really have any of them on the same line or they end up negating each others effectiveness.

Seney with Boyle and Stafford works because they're both simpletons. They make the simple play, open up space with their veteran savviness, and Seney can use his speed and recklessness to take advantage of it. Right now, we have that set up on each line just with different styles to it which is why the lines are working.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Brett Seney showed his elite speed and skill on the Stafford goal last night. The kids a player! Great late round find by Ray & company. 8pts so far with limited 4th line minutes. As he moves up the ladder and earns PP time Seney will rack up the points

Last edited:

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
Brett Seney showed his elite speed and skill on the Stafford goal last night. The kids’s a player! Great late round find by Ray & company. 8pts so far with limited 4th line minutes. As he moves up the ladder and earns PP time Seney will rack up the points
Man I know you're like his uncle or something. I can't remember seeing anyone so obsessed with a player. No offense.

Reactions: GameSeven

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I like him but think he's gonna be a winger. He also has a lot of trouble managing the puck in the neutral zone but as a 6th rounder everything he does is gravy.

Reactions: Bleedred

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I like him but think he's gonna be a winger. He also has a lot of trouble managing the puck in the neutral zone but as a 6th rounder everything he does is gravy.

He does have some issues defensively and moving up the ice.

I think he just needs to learn when to speed it up and when to slow it down. That and while he has good intentions a lot he needs to get more precise with the puck. Too many times he either fumbles the puck or is a bit off making/receiving passes and it backfires.

He has great instincts and a fearlessness you just can’t teach so he’ll be fine. I could see him being a lesser version of Point/Johnson if he cleans up his game and continues to develop.

Reactions: Bleedred

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
Seney should get a chance playing 2nd line wing before Johansson gets back. His speed and fore-check could really be used there. Quenny is losing steam, not sure he should be flanking a 2nd line center when he has literally zero points and is not contributing enough shots. LET SENEY PLAY MORE!

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Seney should get a chance playing 2nd line wing before Johansson gets back. His speed and fore-check could really be used there. Quenny is losing steam, not sure he should be flanking a 2nd line center when he has literally zero points and is not contributing enough shots. LET SENEY PLAY MORE!
You called it....Seney-Zacha-Bratt. The young guns combine for 5pts on the night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->