Prospect Info: Brett Seney -LW- (157th Overall 2015)

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Seney was a top-5 freshman scorer. He had the highest PPG total amongst freshmen following Eichel and Larkin. He had the same PPG as Alex Tuch, Minny 2014 1st rounder, while playing for one of the most offensively starved teams. Really excited to see what this guy does next season. Should have a huge role at Merrimack these next 2-3 years.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Definitely a four year college player. With the speed and skill this kid has he could be putting up some serious stats by his junior and senior year. Although the lack of talent around him could hinder that. Great 6th round pick for sure.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Honestly I don't get the issues with his size, at least for a sixth-round pick. I mean obviously his size is a detriment.

But I just like to point to Nathan Gerbe. The kid's 5'5", a height that basically carries a "DO NOT DRAFT" label along with it, and the very idea of . Haven't seen him "explode" every time he gets into some contact. Start with talent, work from there.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hockeydb list him as 5'9 170
Elite prospects 5'9 159
Was just going to post this.

And if you watched his HL video, early on he's tieing his skates, and it looks like he has decent muscle tone in his arms.

Considering the success of players like Gaudreau and Johnson, Im not worried about size here at all.

Really like the pick.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Couldn't find it in the thread history, but how bout this kid yo?

i figure we'll be gushing about him

(mods feel free to delete if this is pointless)

Strangely it wasn't bumped again long after the draft, it only showed up if you hit the checkmark to search titles for Seney.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It sounds like he’s looked better than any of the other rookies at forward. That leaves STAFFORD blocking his way. I’d like to think Seney can offer more than the RW ewuivakent of Ben Lovejoy without the retirement contract.

Stafford isn't blocking Seney unless Seney and the rest of the young kids let him.

Stafford, IMO, would be blocking Rooney or Lappin if they don't look like they can play the 13th forward role for the year.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Stafford is a deliberate obstacle.

With a PTO, management is saying, "Be more consistent than this experienced guy who's been inconsistent or is slowing down. If you can do that, you're in."

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This kid can play. Who knows if he's a top 6 guy or not but he was definitely the most noticeable player from that Pittsburgh game IMO. Great skater who can back up the D. Hopefully we'll see him in a few preseason games because I want to see what he can do versus NHLers now.

Should be a fun camp this year. Bunch of kids should be looking to make big statements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->