Prospect Info: Brett Seney -LW- (157th Overall 2015)

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Wow, this kid can flat-out fly.

I like this pick. I'll take someone with a 5% chance of being Tyler Johnson (or even Nathan Gerbe) over someone with a 25% change of being Dwight King every day. (nothing against the Dwight Kings of the world, but they are easier to find via UFA, waivers, etc...)

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Hes the next Datsyuk

Book it

:sarcasm:

Oh, I thought he would be Brett Hull because of his name, but I suppose I can settle for a Datsyuk. :sarcasm:

On a more serious note, I like the fact that he seems to be another player who can skate well, and good hands are always a nice asset. Hopefully he can improve the defensive aspects of his game and continue to develop offensively.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Not that this kid in particular wI'll ever be a player, but the emphasis on speed makes some sense with the NHL going to 3 on 3 OT. You can't have a team full of plodders and expect to win in that format.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
He got a lot of goals in the video by being positioned correctly and being good on the cycle. They weren't all end-to-end rushes.

It'll be fun to follow Merrimack for the next few years.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
Not that this kid in particular wI'll ever be a player, but the emphasis on speed makes some sense with the NHL going to 3 on 3 OT. You can't have a team full of plodders and expect to win in that format.

Like when DeBoer put out Clowe and Zubrus in OT? That was something special.

DeBoer really made some memories in his time here.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Like that he has good hands with the speed and can stick handle through or around players. Also like that he can carry the puck into the zone... Something we have had trouble with.
Kid better keep his head up tho.....

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

Like when DeBoer put out Clowe and Zubrus in OT? That was something special.

DeBoer really made some memories in his time here.

I was going to say the same thing. Ugh. That happened. That really happened.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
This is the kind of kid you should pick in round 6. Go for the home run, don't go for the single. He may be too small for the NHL, but if he is it's not like we used a 1st round pick on him. And if he's not, well then we may have just nabbed ourselves a first line winger. Good deal.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
could be a wedge woody

7YcsU6h80d0.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Guys like Gaudreau, Ennis, Gionta, Gerbe, and others probe you can be really small and succeed at this level.

I doubt he pans out, but I'd rather spend a pick on him than a thug like Chatham. Guys like him and Tedenby have value just from the penalties they draw.

Between Wood, Dudek, Gavrus, and now this guy we've got plenty of boom/bust guys. Eventually one of these guys has to turn out, right?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Guys like Gaudreau, Ennis, Gionta, Gerbe, and others probe you can be really small and succeed at this level.

I doubt he pans out, but I'd rather spend a pick on him than a thug like Chatham. Guys like him and Tedenby have value just from the penalties they draw.

Between Wood, Dudek, Gavrus, and now this guy we've got plenty of boom/bust guys. Eventually one of these guys has to turn out, right?

Why you pick him. You assume that because he is playing well in college now that he has a chance to be something, on top of the obvious raw talent like his wheels and good hands from what I have seen.

Worst case...it was a 6th round pick and they very rarely turn into gems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad