Waived: Brett Ritchie (BOS) & Chris Stewart (PHI) on Waivers

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Did Ritchie think he was a skill guy once he got to Boston or something?

I thought his MO in Dallas was a guy who was physical and had a tendency to throw some dumb over-the-top hits.

You’re thinking of Kassian

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He’s horrible. HF is usually the place where posters defend any perceived value a player on their roster could have. The fact every Bruins fan is saying he’s garbage and they don’t want him in Providence is quite telling that he should be done as an NHL regular

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He’s horrible. HF is usually the place where posters defend any perceived value a player on their roster could have. The fact every Bruins fan is saying he’s garbage and they don’t want him in Providence is quite telling that he should be done as an NHL regular

Stars fans as well . He was the most infuriating player on the Stars the two previous seaons. When they finally let him go this offseason it was a collective sigh of relieve he was finally gone. His one game in the playoffs was hillarious .

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Did Ritchie think he was a skill guy once he got to Boston or something?

I thought his MO in Dallas was a guy who was physical and had a tendency to throw some dumb over-the-top hits.

The only reason this didn't happen in Boston was that he was too slow to catch up with anyone to make a stupid hit.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Boston fans on Ritchie?

I said this back during free agency and now other teams are realizing it. Nuke >> Ritchie, but I was pretty convinced Ritchie would get picked up first because grit.

Boston should have done their homework and signed Nuke instead

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Don't know how a GM was dumb enough to sign Ritchie but one got baited into it. Seems he has learned his lesson though

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Don't know how a GM was dumb enough to sign Ritchie but one got baited into it. Seems he has learned his lesson though
That GM photo is now on a milk carton..............sad when management does not do their job

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Ritchie actually started playing better the past week or so. This caused him to go from invisible to dreadful and only highlighted how completely worthless he is as an NHL player.

I honestly can't believe they gave him a roster spot for half a season. It was like buying last week's losing lottery ticket.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Go get your eyes checked

He had some really good games, other games he had some dece chances just couldn't convert. I dunno if you expected him to turn into Tom Wilson or what, but again, I don't think he was as bad as everyone's making him out to be.
It's not his fault they played him on the 2nd line a bunch way above where he should have been playing.

Reactions: Bun Cook

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I said this back during free agency and now other teams are realizing it. Nuke >> Ritchie, but I was pretty convinced Ritchie would get picked up first because grit.

Boston should have done their homework and signed Nuke instead

Boston wanted him for grit. But he didn’t provide it at all.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Boston wanted him for grit. But he didn’t provide it at all.

Well they should've watched some tape of him then. Ritchie is a bad skill player who takes dumb useless penalties . Every once in a while he would hit a guy or fight someone but that part was never really his calling card. When he started falling out of the Stars rotation last season he tried to get it back by in an enforcer role he only ended up taking more dumb penalties .

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Well they should've watched some tape of him then. Ritchie is a bad skill player who takes dumb useless penalties . Every once in a while he would hit a guy or fight someone but that part was never really his calling card. When he started falling out of the Stars rotation last season he tried to get it back by in an enforcer role he only ended up taking more dumb penalties .

He didn't even take dumb penalties for us!

edit: in seriousness. They had a spot on the right hand side and they thru out a flyer on a former 1st round pick maybe being able to figure it out either with a cycle guy like Coyle or a cycle guy like Krejci. You never know when you find the next Mike Knuble. It cost them nothing and now they are cutting ties and moving on to the next experiment.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He didn't even take dumb penalties for us!

edit: in seriousness. They had a spot on the right hand side and they thru out a flyer on a former 1st round pick maybe being able to figure it out either with a cycle guy like Coyle or a cycle guy like Krejci. You never know when you find the next Mike Knuble. It cost them nothing and now they are cutting ties and moving on to the next experiment.

2011 2nd rounder but i get the point. He just doesn't have the skating ability or the skill to make up for his bad skating . He had one somewhat decent season in 16-17 in his first full NHL season but after that he never looked like a competent NHL player again .

Then again Adam Cracknell and Lauri Korpikoski had good seasons for the Stars in 16-17 because so many guys got injured that year. Just a wierd season .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->