Confirmed with Link: Brett Ritchie a Bruin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm just hoping for a Zach Sanford-esque presence in the lineup, where he gets put in against bigger teams and provides some jam with a little scoring. I don't think he's good enough to be a regular mainstay in the lineup based on his past couple of years, but hey, who knows.

I want to see a net front presence, something this team has sorely lacked for a few years now. Wondering if during the season where Ritchie popped 16 if most of those came from being in front of the net?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I’d love to know why his development stalled. Can’t say I watch a lot of Stars hockey but hoping this guy can prove he has more on the bone.

Reactions: PlayMakers

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Portugues but I do know Francais
we had a Portugues family next door to us in Halifax, we would look after their dog from time to time and the reward was a stew that we begged for the recipe to but were consistently told if she gave it to us, she would have to kill us, miss them a ton, great neighbors and terrific cooks

Reactions: Krupp

Yoko Ono

Jun 8, 2019
Looking at the big picture with the blueprint the Looze used to cheat the cup away maybe he is the guy that would put a dman out on the opposing team in a cup final and take a 1 game suspension.

Reactions: The National

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Looking at the big picture with the blueprint the Looze used to cheat the cup away maybe he is the guy that would put a dman out on the opposing team in a cup final and take a 1 game suspension.
If he can catch them. Dude is slow and dumb as a sack of rocks. He also is not as tough as some people seem to think he is. I watch a lot of Stars games and Ritchie most nights is one notch above pure trash. I don't think he will be in the lineup come playoff time unless there are a lot of injuries. Maybe DS sees something in the guy that nobody else is seeing, but I don't see how this guy will be on par with some of Sweeney's better bottom 6 signings.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Surely they can't be thinking that a guy who has scored 11 goals in the last two seasons combined is the solution for their 2nd line RW spot.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Sweeney has a knack for bargain basement shopping. Did it with Mojo which turned out well, but eventually it’s going to bite him with too many contracts locked into guys not in the lineup. It’s kind of that now with Moore, Backes and Beleskey. Moore is serviceable but when healthy he was the scratch.

Hopefully these low end signings end up more Mojo than stiffs.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Shouldn't be in the mix for the second line but they need more players like him in the bottom 6. Love the hate he is already getting from some because he actually hits and fights. Should look good on the left of Wagner and Kuraly, now found a tough, good RW for line three or better yet line two.

BTW Ritchie is not a goon or fighter, he is a tough lower line player who will stand up for his teammates and does fight pretty well. Picture a slower Accari with a better shot

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Shouldn't be in the mix for the second line but they need more players like him in the bottom 6. Love the hate he is already getting from some because he actually hits and fights. Should look good on the left of Wagner and Kuraly, now found a tough, good RW for line three or better yet line two.

BTW Ritchie is not a goon or fighter, he is a tough lower line player who will stand up for his teammates and does fight pretty well. Picture a slower Accari with a better shot

much needed, something that rarely happens after a big hit against a Bruin these days. Something you could always count on being Bruins fan growing up was watching these guys have each other backs.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Blues didn't cheat, they were tougher and bigger. Granted the non call against Accari didn't help.

Reactions: Clode

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
much needed, something that rarely happens after a big hit against a Bruin these days. Something you could always count on being Bruins fan growing up was watching these guys have each other backs.
They had each others backs but they didn't have anyone tough enough to do anything about it. Sending in Wagner, Accari or worse Krug and Grizz to stand up for somebody after a hit or dirty play shows "team toughness" but when you get your head handed to you ever time it really doesn't help. Ritchie can scrap, I would just like to see Ferland or even Maroon in the line up.

Ideally the GM of the year adds a Wood,Kassian or Crouse before camp starts. All of them can play third line and provide size and toughness. Wood and Kassian are the better skaters. Crouse also just signed with Arizona so I'm sure he is unavailable.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

Yeah, I remember how every Bruins fan hated Lucic when he was hitting and fighting here.

I know you like to view everything through one single lens, though.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yeah, I remember how every Bruins fan hated Lucic when he was hitting and fighting here.

he's not wrong, there is far too much silence when watching the bruins get steamrolled by a physical team. The response should be to fight back instead of relying on the officials and the league to step in as we saw against St Louis

Reactions: Clode and Fenian24

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

See some of the comments in this thread. If they were tough enough I would be complaining about a lack of goal scoring and no second line RW, actually I do complain about a lack of a 2RW.. Those are tougher spots to fill adding some size, grit and toughness isn't. Blues seem to have done pretty good job of it.

Also I have stated I believe in having a mix to win. Even the 74 Flyers had a few hall of famers on the team, I like fast, skilled players, I just want them complemented by aggressive, mean players. I have for decades. This team isn't that fast and not big enough or tough enough. Ritchie helps, they need more up front and I would't deal Miller because he helps with size and toughness on D. Well at least for the games he is healthy.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

He's not getting hate here because he hits and fights. That's so disingenuous and you know it

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
he's not wrong, there is far too much silence when watching the bruins get steamrolled by a physical team. The response should be to fight back instead of relying on the officials and the league to step in as we saw against St Louis
I'm still not sure what was sadder, Bruins players complaining about being steamrolled and not responding or Bruins fans crying about officiating because the Bruins were getting rolled over.

Reactions: GoBs and KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm still not sure what was sadder, Bruins players complaining about being steamrolled and not responding or Bruins fans crying about officiating because the Bruins were getting rolled over.

Its unfamiliar territory for this franchise. Bruins have always been the steamroller and long as I can remember

Reactions: GoBs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->