Confirmed with Link: Brett Ritchie a Bruin

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
$1m so you can’t complain. Unfortunately these types of signings are what we’re looking at with all the RFAs.

But for that short money as a replacement for Acciari there’s no issues here.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Backes and the buyouts hamstringing Sweeney today. Is what it is. Not many deals I like other than Nyqvist and maybe Donskoi. although both a year longer than I'd like

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
replacing Acciari i would guess
My thoughts as well. I vaguely remember him playing in the playoffs- nothing stands out to me in terms of good or bad about Brett. Going by his stats, it doesn't appear that he's as good as Acciari, but then again, I've learned that stats don't always tell the whole story on a player.

Welcome to the team, Brett!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I trust our pro scouting so much, they've made so many terrific acquisitions. I guess it's not necessary but they seem to think he'll be a good fit and I have no reason not to trust this. Welcome!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Solid 4th line replacement of acciari. Not necessarily a fan of the deal tho. Cheap, but was sort of hoping Khulman took over acciari 4th line spot.

Unless kuhlman is taking over the 2nd line role there’s a lot of 4th line options right now.

Wagner
Kuraly
Nordstrom
Kuhlman
Ritchie
Backes

Seems like quite the unnecessary log jam, even if backes is moved.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
meh. its not a lot of money so it doesnt really matter but seems like a response to getting physically handled by the Blues. He's not a good player - wouldn't play him over Nordstrom/Wagner/Kuraly or Clifton. Probably a 13th forward at best.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I wanted to take a chance on brett Ritchie for at least the last 3 years {and hey if this opens the door to get nick Ritchie later I wont complain about that either}

hes clearly not delivered on his potential in dallas… but honestly that organization didnt give him a lot to work with either. whens the last time they had a second line center as good as krejci?

dont be fooled by Ritchie's lack of production... this is a 6'4 kid who was thought to be a top 6 type player when he started off his career. he scored 41 goals in 53 games his last season in ohl

I guess the thing that held him back has been his overall compete level/work ethic... so in a way this is jimmy hayes/brent Connolly 3.0 but unlike those guys we arent paying 2 plus million a year

brent Connolly is an example of a guy we identified as having upside potential and he just got a 4 year deal because hes now a 22 goal scorer. im very much hoping for the same type of development for Ritchie

I predict he is being looked at for potential on the wing with krejci or coyle. we got pushed around too much by st louis last year and didnt have the raw size to fight back. Ritchie isnt a really aggressive player but as around 220 pounds he wont be pushed around either.

I am quite high on this signing

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I wanted to take a chance on brett Ritchie for at least the last 3 years {and hey if this opens the door to get nick Ritchie later I wont complain about that either}

hes clearly not delivered on his potential in dallas… but honestly that organization didnt give him a lot to work with either. whens the last time they had a second line center as good as krejci?

dont be fooled by Ritchie's lack of production... this is a 6'4 kid who was thought to be a top 6 type player when he started off his career. he scored 41 goals in 53 games his last season in ohl

I guess the thing that held him back has been his overall compete level/work ethic... so in a way this is jimmy hayes/brent Connolly 3.0 but unlike those guys we arent paying 2 plus million a year

brent Connolly is an example of a guy we identified as having upside potential and he just got a 4 year deal because hes now a 22 goal scorer. im very much hoping for the same type of development for Ritchie

I predict he is being looked at for potential on the wing with krejci or coyle. we got pushed around too much by st louis last year and didnt have the raw size to fight back. Ritchie isnt a really aggressive player but as around 220 pounds he wont be pushed around either.

if they play him on line 2 or 3 they won't have to worry about facing St, Louis again.

I like the signing as a 12 or 13 forward.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I catch Stars games rarely, is he even capable of top 6 minutes?

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Ritchie can shoot.

Someone else made the Brett Connolly comparison...

Connolly commited to playing DF and broke out 2-3 years after Boston.

Hopefully this is a case where a player finds his scoring touch in Boston.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if they play him on line 2 or 3 they won't have to worry about facing St, Louis again.

I like the signing as a 12 or 13 forward.

he will get a chance at camp like most guys do... unlike most guys Ritchie always had the raw talent to be projected into this role.

when mike Knuble joined the bruins he was 26 and had 9 goals and 14 points in 53 games with the rangers that year

Knuble would go on to have 9 straight seasons with more than 20 goals as a very good top 6 forward.

theres not a lot of stories like mike Knuble... theres more stories like sandy moger and lee goren and landon Wilson... but there are some like mike Knuble

lets allow this kid to come to camp before we write him off... lets just limit his potential to 13th forward

when coyle showed up I said a success would be to see him on the second line and I was called an idiot and that he would be a success if he managed to be a 3rd liner.

I wonder now if people know what I meant... coyle was a default 3rd liner and by the time playoffs ended many people had seen that his line could be considered the second line.

lets hope for the best with Ritchie... he is a kid that underachieved. this is his fresh start. lets hope he is our new brett Connolly or mike knuble

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad