Value of: Brett Kulak

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly. So big fast skilled players are helpful.

Good to know.

Now who exactly ever said the opposite?

You started the conversation from this post (See below) You need to focus better. See the part that says "Big boys that can skate are valuable in a 7 game series war". We have come full circle and you wasted your time and mine. I belittled you so you should hold a grudge now... can't wait

Some fans think regular season smurfs who produce will do the same in the playoffs... the deeper you get, the more nasty it gets! A team can only have so much of the smaller soft types. This size/toughness thing don't matter anymore is BS! Big boys that can skate are valuable in 7 game series war

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
actually, players who produce differently, in a considerable manner (or who have a different relative impact), in the playoffs vs the regular season, given a large enough sample size of both (i.e. not just 10 playoffs games) are the exception and not the rule.

Now, whether smaller players are more likely to be of those exceptions, I don't know and haven't checked.

The key is balance and chemistry as a team. Skill, Skating, Size, Toughness, Vets, Grit, Leadership. It all matters.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I mean, as a bottom pairing D. He is great. If he won't whine, i'd keep him as the 4th LD.

As long as Mete doesnt play, i'm happy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean, as a bottom pairing D. He is great. If he won't whine, i'd keep him as the 4th LD.

As long as Mete doesnt play, i'm happy.

Two different versions of Kulak...

1) Down the stretch for the 18/19 season and this past playoffs
vs
2) What he did this past regular season

He has consistency issues. Moments of very solid play and then moments of being a dud. He has not played one full NHL season yet and could end up being a solid guy in his later prime years. Happens to a lot of them. Some figure it out and some don't

Kulak is a solid depth piece in case of injuries. He has more value in that role than trading him for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Id rather keep him and trade Mete butfor Kulak the best you can hope is 3rd round pick or random 4th liner

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Its a pretty big mistake for Montreal to play Edmundson in the top-4, I think he's been reliably unreliable there for a far longer and to a greater degree than even a Kulak.

If Montreal's not making another D move, its probably more oriented towards Bergevin's commitment to have young guys have to earn a spot and not getting into a position where you have to play guys like Ouellet or Folin.

I don't know Edmundson but the fact that they went out and got him to me says more about either Kulak or Mete as we'll see how it plays out in terms of ice time and pairings. Maybe the playoffs Kulak is for real and then Edmundson can drop to the bottom pairing, I just don't see anything special in Kulak and he's shown so far at least to be inconsistent in a major way. So to me it makes sense that they got insurance on Kulak with Edmundson and don't have to rush Romanov if he's not ready or Juulsen as they could carry 8D to let Juulsen work back into the lineup.

You have been watching the playoffs this year though have you ? I mean that Dallas Colorado series was not a place for little guys . Vegas is not a small team and they were wore down by the pounding they took . In order for Tampa to get to the next level they needed more grit and truculence . I really do not see a lot of small finesse guys excelling or even wanting to touch the puck .

hockey ends for me when the Hab play their last game unless Laval or any Hab prospect are playing.

The Habs are far from a contender because they lack talent throughout their lineup, I don't care that much for size, I'd much rather have more talent and then worry about how the roster shapes up.

I think Mete could be playing the right side next year/QUOTE]

after the playoffs I don't think we'll be seeing Mete at RD outside of maybe filling in a few times if need be so someone like Fleury or Brook can stay in Laval. (talking if there were a few injuries on defense)

I mean, as a bottom pairing D. He is great.

great's not the word I would use to describe Kulak.

Id rather keep him and trade Mete butfor Kulak the best you can hope is 3rd round pick or random 4th liner

I would bet heavily that no team would give up a 3rd for Kulak, I don't think he could fetch a 4th or 5th even although it only takes one GM to do something stupid unless the playoffs Kulak is for real which certainly could happen since he's in his prime years. I would just keep Kulak as the 7th D where he's fine there.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
A good RD (solid 3rd pair). Juulsen, Fleury and Brook still need time in AHL. Still need Top 6 RW but Kulak value Is not enough to fill that gap.

Juulsen had all but taken a regular spot when he got the severe concussion. If he needs time in the AHL it's not for development purposes. Fleury is close. Brook needs time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->