Confirmed with Link: Brett "Joe" "Steve" Pesce signs - 3 years/two-way deal - 809,166 avg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I posted this in the prospect topic, but it's worth a re-post here:

Watching UNH vs. Boston U.

Eichel is good. Also, lots of praise for Pesce. Announcers said he is the "stabilizing force on UNH's blueline"

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Haven't watched him since we drafted him but seemed to have a conservative 2-way game. Can't have enough of those types in the depth chart.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Big fan of his. Good skater. All situations kind of guy. I can't really see him being dynamic at the next level, but he's pretty solid. Maybe something like we lost with Dumoulin. Lots of similarities. Both guys got a lot of NCAA experience due to being late birthdays in their draft seasons. Can move well, aren't ridiculously physical, and can move the puck.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Wait so we're moving away from the Checkers....that brings up something I ahve always wondered.....do the players on that team we move away from stay with that team and leave the organization, or follow the organization to whatever team is the new affiliate?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
What are grits?

Were these magic grits?

Wait so we're moving away from the Checkers....that brings up something I ahve always wondered.....do the players on that team we move away from stay with that team and leave the organization, or follow the organization to whatever team is the new affiliate?

Misread aside, for the purposes of education, any players under contract with Carolina or were Carolina's property otherwise would move to the new affiliate. Players that were under contract with Charlotte only would stay in Charlotte if they were to be brought back.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Starts next season, will report to Charlotte for the end of this season though.

Haven't watched him since we drafted him but seemed to have a conservative 2-way game. Can't have enough of those types in the depth chart.

I'd agree with the caveat that the player also has to have a good level of skating and puck skill to go with it. Pesce's a good prospect because he has both those, same as Dumo and before that Borer had. All 3 were defense-first guys but they were also guys that are capable of at least skating and moving the puck when they want/need to.

Guys that struggle with puck skills are where the problem lies to me. You can either be Nic Wallin or Brett Bellemore and still be a player. Or you could be Matej Trojovsky, Igor Knyazev, and countless others that we've drafted to fit that mold and completely bomb out.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good job of RF getting the two yutes under contract (needaspelcheck and Pesce).

Wait, the two what?

Edit: Damn...Joe beat me to it.

bluedevil58*

Well.... as far as i can tell the best d men right now are the guys who can skate and play a solid positional game. Does this guy fit that role? Could he in the near future?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad