Not open for further replies.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
I voted for Bossy

Since many are throwing out "IFs"...

Remembering that Jaromir Jagr is as good a playmaker as he is a goal scorer:

IF he hadn't lost 36 games in '94-95 and 82 games in '04-05 to labor disputes... probably add ~60 goals, bringing present total to ~630

IF he had played in the high scoring eras that most on the leaders lists did (Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier, Yzerman, Dionne, Lafleur, Bossy, Br. Hull, etc.)... probably add ~20-30% (more if he played during 1980s) to adjusted total, bringing present total to ~750-800+ :amazed:

IF those IFs weren't IFs... most likely looking at 800 goals (and possibly even 2000 points) before age 35. :bow:

JWINK19

southern Devils fan
Dec 31, 2005
Wilmington, NC
There is no bigger Brett Hull fan than me, but the pick here is Bossy all the way. There's no telling how high his final total would have been if he stayed healthy. Even more amazing than the 9 50-goal seasons was the fact he scored 38 in his last season when he could barely skate because of the pain.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm too young to remember Bossy, but any man that has a higher goal per game average then Gretzky, has to be the better player.

Also, it's funny to read the posts of people who first defend something about Brett Hull, the proceed to say something to the effect ',but I still voted for Bossy' this is a great thread

Ogopogo*

StorminZ said:
Bossy and Trottier might be the best 1-2 punch in the history of the NHL. Sad that Bossy's career was prematurely ended by back troubles.

The best 1-2 punch would either be Orr/Esposito or Hull/Mikita. Trottier/Bossy was an excellent combo, though.

KOVALEV10*

Ogopogo said:
The best 1-2 punch would either be Orr/Esposito or Hull/Mikita. Trottier/Bossy was an excellent combo, though.
What about Kurri and Gretz. Or Lemieux and Jagr. Or Shutt and Lafleur.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Got to go with Bossy. However, It's close.

Hull played a good portion of his career in the dead puck era plus goalies are better athletes and have much bigger equipment. Just look at Patrick Roy in 1985 and in 2001. He looked so skinny in 1985 and in 2001 he looks like he's fat. Plus I think you have to factor in goalie techniques and what not are more refined now. How many goalie coaches are there now? Most teams have them and then compare that to the 80's, 90's etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad